Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • How's business at the mo??
  • duckman

I do a bit of plastering for a guy I used to work with,he has not had anything for me for 6 months,That has changed and I have just priced a flat for him.Only problem is that I have to drive past the bikechain to get home… 😕 Thankfully he has now sold that orange Soul frame!

oldgit
    Free Member

Well the better weather brought in the business, if every day was like today I'd be coining it in.
    Perhaps the winter weather really did put work in contruction that far back.
    Fingers crossed

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

if you fit a 17" ive got an orange one in my window! 😆

RichPenny
    Free Member

It is Naim that I work for, but not sure if I can negotiate a STW discount 🙂 Not a problem to organise a factory tour if anyone's keen though. Who did you work for bikechain fella? I know times have been rough for our industry as a whole, so we are bucking the trend a bit.

duckman

Thankfully Chris,I don't.Will be in for another of those fine merino tops mind.Cracking kit for pretty much anything.

robdob
    Free Member

Well people are still running illegal scrapyards, dumping crap in rivers and hoarding rubbish on their sites (which then catch fire and take 3 weeks to put out) so I'm pretty busy. Taking 2 cases to court at the mo!

Feel sorry for all the construction and other linked trades though. 🙁

hughjengin
    Free Member

I am a UK manufacturer. Orders are up, factory is busy, but everyday is a nightmare as the legacy of two bad previous years hangs over us

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

We were doing ok – not great, ok up to Christmas (architecture – churches and historic buildings mostly) but since then we had 3 large projects stall, as a result 3 out of 6 got made redundant last week (I was one of those made redundant). the forecast for those remaining isnt good – as one section which was mainly funded through Grants is coming to the end of its funding cycle so thats going to be a big chunk that will be ending in a few months.

tonyg2003

Crazy busy but were are in absolutely outlier in our industry. 2nd fastest growing biotech over last five years in UK with no sign of slowing up.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘How's business at the mo??’ is closed to new replies.