Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • howies in reasonably priced shocker
  • jam-bo

have they had a change in focus?

all the new bike stuff looks pretty tidy and sensible prices.

and the new dyfi jacket is almost cheap?

100mphplus
    Free Member
    dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

ssssssssshhhhhhhhh!!!!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

ignore me

ro222
    Free Member

yes – what is going on? They seem to be the Ikea of the cycle clothing world..

federalski
    Free Member

Anyone got one of the Dyfi jackets, how are they if so?

They do look quite nice, and maybe worth a go for 40 quid.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

they only put them up on the site today, so no, nobody’s got one yet. but i’ve ordered one though as it would appear to be the jacket i’ve been after for quite some time…

federalski
    Free Member

Oh, no worries.

cat69uk
    Free Member

Ordered an Orange one, just what I was after for the bike and running. Fair price…

mindmap3
    Free Member

That jacket does indeed look ace.

Will veto e later in the year. They certainly seem to have bought some nice stuff out recently.

djglover
    Free Member

wonder how waterproof it is compared to a featherlite velo? I’ve had one for about 4 years, quite waterproof once its been retreated.

On the face of it, it looks superb value, and more stylish than the above.

In the end I will probably buy it as I have been very pleased with my other recent purchases, especially the ventile jacket 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

looks a bit flappy

GrahamS

Looks interesting though I’d like to know how breathable it is? Still, £40 – even if it is a stylish sweatbag it might still be worth having.

tomaso
    Free Member

Parked up next to the Howies lads at the Dyfi and they said they had some good value cycling kit coming out. I said cheap like On One and they said we are gunning for On One :mrgreen: They mentioned a competitively priced shell jacket thang and this must be it…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I’m having one.

I’m having two.

Hang on, that’s spectacular.

Just bought two.

CHB

Bought myself an orange one. Looks an ace item of clothing.

iain1775
    Free Member

Ordered a blue one

letmetalktomark

Band wagon hopped upon.

rockhopperbike

ditto

guitarhero
    Free Member

Orange one ordered as it’s getting a bit warm to commute in my Gore Tool Windstopper, and this looks like just the ticket for spring/summer.
    Cheers for the heads up OP

user-removed
    Free Member

Hmmm. Not convinced. Back when Karrimor weren’t awful, I bought a cycling jacket which looked exactly similar to this. It made similar claims in terms of windproof-ness.

It hung off me like a wet rag – just far too thin to be useful. That said, fabrics have come a looong way in the intervening years – I just know that very thin jackets make me look skeletal and suspect this would be no different.

Also (forgive me), what’s it for? I have a Gore Paclite fluo jacket which fits in a pocket. Fairly breathable, windproof and completely waterproof. Covers more bases in terms of the weather changing.

I guess it’s OK for windy days where you might go up and down a bit and want to regulate your temperature…

cynic-al
    Free Member

I thought the same.

My guess is its just cheap fabric the same as everypne elses and will perform as such, but be viewed through Howies-purchase eyes.

iain1775
    Free Member

I don’t care, it matches my bike and is blue, completes my Doddy tribute look

nickhart
    Free Member

I can vouch for the shorts being brilliantly comfortable. Wore them for the dyfi and had NO discomfort the day after, which is a first for me in however many years riding! For the record I’m best part of seventeen stone so if they’re comfy for the amount of weight…

yunki
    Free Member

I’m gonna sell my bike so I can get that Rapha number.. it’s cool as ****

I won’t have a bike, but it won’t matter one **** jot cos I’ll be able canter around everywhere playing horse racing and looking like a jockey..
    If I had money to burn I would actually buy it for it’s elegance but it would be impossibly hard not to sneer (and bray) at other riders that I met on the trail..

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

OMG. THAT is actually quite a nice looking jacket that. Nice one Howies!

I may have to get a bright orange one, to match my SC Tall Boy, so that I can complete my Guy Tw_tstaven tribute look 😉

tymbian
    Free Member

Has anyone got theirs yet? First thoughts?

barn
    Free Member

Their new bibs are good too. Done a few big rides in them now, good pad, nice fit, top marks for the money.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Why the Kesteven hate?

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Agree about the bibs, dead comfy.

Paceman
    Free Member

I may have to get a bright orange one, so that I can complete my Guy Tw_tstaven tribute look.

…harsh 😯

theflatboy
    Free Member

Re the bibs, still need some and the Howies option looks more and more tempting…

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Sorry! 😳

:feel-the-love:

I like him really…er?

(he-seems-like-a-teensy-weensy-bit-of-a-massive-narcissist-and-writes-bike-reviews-that-are-full-of-agressive-ego-massaging-press-release-terms-that-he-actually-seems-to-believe-in)

I think that sums it up.

No, I’ve never met him. I’m sure he’s a nice person really. 😳

:big-hugs:

eyerideit
    Free Member

Brand wagon hopped upon.

😉

looks a bit flappy

I thought all MB gear had to be flappy as it looks coolerer in the slo-mo edits when shredding the gnar and that type of ting.

p7rich
    Free Member

Please report back when your booty arrives. Keen to know about fit, especially arm length and ‘flappiness’.

kayak23

No hood. I’m out….

zelak999
    Free Member

Any reviews yet folks?
    I’m in business for a lightweight breathable summer shell type thang.
    Been looking at the Endura pakajak but this Dyfi shell looks way better for the same price.

SOAP
    Free Member

Anyone got one yet?
    How do they size up?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

nope, i only just got the despatch email about an hour ago.

Pieface

The last few items I’ve bought have all had very poor quality stitching / finishing. Is it just me?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘howies in reasonably priced shocker’ is closed to new replies.