Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • how much for an 18 month old Alpine 160
  • Hello,

Im buying some new bikes so am selling my beloved Alpine 160 anyone got any estimates for this :-

Hope v2 brakes
    fox 36 coil shocks
    xt gearing
    saint cranks
    hope hubs
    etc etc

Not in bad nick, few scratches but generally in good condition

I know its a how long is a piece of string type question but anyone any guesses/sold/bought one recently so I can begin to think about how much I need to save for my new bikes?

jools182
    Free Member

If its large I’ll give you £50

Hmmmm let me think about it…

no thanks!!! 🙂

mcinnes
    Free Member

What size is it?

ridingscared
    Free Member

more split than whole, 2nd hand bikes depreciate more quickly than korean cars. £500-600?

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

£1200 split up or £1000-1100 complete I would of thought but what would I know.

Any damage?
    I might know someone who’s interested. Is that your correct e-mail address?

solamanda
    Free Member

What are you getting?

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Ygmail.

chakaping
    Free Member

Interested in bashgaurd if you split

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Can’t be that beloved if you’re selling it surely?

noidea
    Free Member

I had my complete bike for sale a few months ago for around £2000 and dropped down to around £1800 iirc,people were coming in with stupid low offers for it complete.Ended up splitting and got £1450 for an 09 frame with dhx 5 coil and 09 vanillas.Sold the rest of the parts (xt,saint,hope hoops etc) and got around £2200 altogether.

Make sure you definitely want to sell though as i have regretted it ever since so im buying a new one,that was one expensive mistake i wont be repeating.

hey all,

Firstly I better point out I wasn’t trying to sneak this on without it going through the classifieds! I’m not selling for a month or so yet (though I suppose i could do!)

Thanks for the input. I was hoping for a little more than £1100 TBH but we will have to wait and see! Im not sure about selling split up separately that sounds like a total ball ache as my next toy will be complete!!!

mcinnes – its a 16 inch frame

once in a lifetime – No damage I would be interested to be honest and yes thats the right email I will check out your message thanks.

Mansonsoul – It is beloved (well I love riding it!) But im getting two new bikes! Here’s the story if you care!

I had reign x prior to this as I was a student and lived in the Peak district so wanted a bike I could do everything on including DH and trail etc. The reign fitted the bill. Then I got a new job and started planning a two month riding trip to NZ. I again needed a multitool type bike and I chose the Alpine as its so good at riding everything and the bike was pretty much the best thing ever for the trip. I love riding it back it the UK its Ideal for pretty much everything but I want a proper balls out DH bike again like I had back in the day (plus my missus is pressuring me to get a DH bike and do some more racing with her again!!! Bloody Women!!!) In addition to this I have a few european races and DH trips planned this year so I am getting a DH bike.

Normally I would be tempted to keep the Alpine and maybe lighten it up etc as it is rather similar to DH bike so could end up being a little redundant. So I have decided to sell all my bikes and buy a new 5′ travel play bike for cocking around and trail riding (bye bye hardtail!) and a full on DH bike.

Solomanda – Im getting a YT Tues DH bike and YT play. They seem ace value for money and I have always fancied a proper doss about/slopestyle/cocking around down the woods type bike! Plus I get to roadtrip to Germany to test em out and pick em up!!!

Play Bike

Downhill Bike

check them out if your interested :

http://www.yt-industries.com/en/

bump

anymore thoughts?

chakaping
    Free Member

Nicky – There’s a bit of an unofficial tradition on STW of undervaluing anyone’s bike if they ask what it’s worth.

Hard to judge condition and amount of use from your pic, but I’d say £1300 to £1500, maybe a bit more if tip-top. I get the impression you’ve used it properly though.

It’s a very in-demand bike though, so you shouldn’t have too many problems selling.

thanks chakaping appreciate it.

N

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘how much for an 18 month old Alpine 160’ is closed to new replies.