Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 212 total)
  • How much does your road bike weigh?
  • sputnik
    Free Member

Apparently there is too much MTB talk on here so I just want to help with balancing things 😉

So how much does you road bike weigh?
    Mine is 16 pounds and 13 ounces aka 7,3kg
    XL frame with bottle cage and pedals

officialtob
    Free Member

0 lbs and 0oz’s.

Don’t have one (yet). 🙂

sputnik
    Free Member

Officialtob is in the lead ( for now ) !

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

My Cube is about 10 kg , but my new Carbon Dolan with Hope Hoops and a 105 groupset , not sure as only got half the bits. Ask me again in a fortnight or so………….

crazy-legs

17lb dead.
    I’ve had it down to 16.5lb with lighter tyres, it’s got some right hefty 25c “endurance” tyres on it at the moment.

Not bad for an XL aluminium framed S-Works.

tonyd

Mine used to be a shade under 17lbs, now it has mudguards and 5 lights hanging off it – god knows!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Not a clue. In the thousands of miles I have ridden it I haven’t really ever worried enough to weigh it. 2009 Genesis Flyer singlespeed by the way.

sputnik
    Free Member

Crazy-legs that is decent indeed considering the tyres. Columbus E5 tubing?

damitamit
    Free Member

16.1 lbs (7.3kg)

Should be a bit lighter now as I got a Bonty XXX-Lite seatpost and cut it down a bit so its 152g 🙂

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

16lbs Giant TCR, goes very fast down hills with my 224lbs upon it

mboy
    Free Member

8kg on the nose. Without pedals

Not that light, but not heavy either. Bet mine cost a fraction of the Look too!

mrblobby
    Free Member

16lb 9oz for my Giant TCR Advanced with two bottle cages, pedals and the little garmin forward mount doodah.

Pretty impressive there Crazy Legs.

sputnik
    Free Member

Damitamit , 7.3kg with TWO bottle cages! Very good 🙂
    Mboy, it is a costly bike but I bought the frame and forks of the STW classifieds and sold my old frame on here as well to help with costs and I just used my parts that was on the old frame.

taxi25
    Free Member

17lb 6oz for my 58cm Litespeed tuscany, 21lb 8oz for
    My 853 steel bike thats with full mudguards. Twim bottle cages on both bikes aswell.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

7.3kg (without the cage and garmin sensor), since swaped the saddle so probably another 100g off that.

martymac

mine weighs about 10lbs . . .
    more, than any of the other bikes in this thread.
    however i weigh about 12 stone . . .
    more, than most of the people in the uk . .
    (charge filter, discs, guards, lights, etc)
    feels ok to ride though, a 27lb bike is still light when its under me lol.

aracer
    Free Member

~6.6kg with pedals, two bottle cages and computer. The saddle pack with spare tubes probably just about makes it UCI legal.

Mine is 16 pounds and 13 ounces aka 7,3kg

7.6kg I’m afraid.

damitamit
    Free Member

Damitamit , 7.3kg with TWO bottle cages! Very good

Thanks. 22g each 🙂 And there’s a Garmin Dakota mount on there.

crazy-legs

Crazy-legs that is decent indeed considering the tyres. Columbus E5 tubing?

Not got a pic of it online at the moment. Had one on whatever that photo-hosting site was that went bust but not on my active flickr account. It’s very similar to this (nicked off Google Images):

Yes, E5 tubing, everything else is carbon – seatpost, stem, bars, full carbon forks. It’s got a full 10sp Dura Ace groupset and some lovely light American Classic Sprint 350 wheels.

Just rebuilt it after a winter strip & clean so it’s immaculate at the moment, will try and get some photos before I get it filthy again!

rewski
    Free Member

wow, seriously impresssed, that’s getting very close to tdf minimum weight.

damitamit
    Free Member

tdf minimum weight is heavy tbh (well if you hang about on http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/)

aracer
    Free Member

Here’s my 6.6kg beauty. Pedalforce frame, Record bits. Under TdF (UCI) minimum weight, not silly expensive.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oh and 22lb 4oz for my winter Trek road bike, with bottle cages and chromoplastics. No wonder the Giant feels so fast come the summer!

Btw, is there a minimum weight limit for MTB set by UCI?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

7.6 with pedals. Thought it was less than that but after a weigh in on the calibrated scales at work… still pretty zippy for the money.

stumpy01

About 10kg I reckon but haven’t weighed it.

Bloody heavy compared to the £1500 carbon Raleigh I picked up the other day.

It’s one of these with some Shimano 520 mtb pedals on;

Only cost me £330 so can’t grumble; sora with carbon fork etc.

emac65
    Free Member

It weighs exactly the same as my 29er Inbred – that’s what I use,but with slicks on……

FuzzyWuzzy

‘best’ bike is 15.4lb with pedals and cages, just to balance it I’m maintaining my own weight the wrong side of 14st

aracer
    Free Member

I believe it’s the same as for road bikes – I doubt it’s an issue though, especially given that if anything race MTBs have got a bit heavier recently with the trend towards full-sus and/or bigger wheels.

fasthaggis

No idea what any of my bikes weigh .
    Is it important ?

😛

crazy-legs

No, MTBs are not subject to any weight limitations.

wow, seriously impresssed, that’s getting very close to tdf minimum weight.

TdF min wight is 15lb (6.8kg) brought in at a time when riders were routinely drilling frames/parts to save weight, it was designed to stop them doing that for safety.
    However, it’s not kept up with innovation and it’s actually relatively easy to buy an off-the-peg road bike which is well under 15lb. Custom spec it and you can get to to 12lb without going *too* silly.

They also brought in a rule to say that all the weight has to be fixed/structural to stop riders putting small lead weights under the BB.

If only the UCI could actually concentrate on – ooh, I dunno – eradicating doping within the sport maybe?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

6.8kg… If I take the Garmin off, it’s below the UCI weight limit…

asterix
    Free Member

@thisisnotaspoon

just weighed my CAAD4 R500 and measured 9.1 kg 🙁

it does have two bottle cages and a computer/watch on it, but I’d love to work out where the rest of the excess is. It has a 105 groupset. Do you have carbon seatpost. bars etc – I dont. How to find those extra kgs?

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

13.4 lbs without pedals for my storck.

I’m 5’7″ and weight under 11st so it is a fairly small frame!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

No idea what any of my bikes weigh .
    Is it important ?

Never used to think so but after peddling a heavy steel winter bike for the last 5 months and then swinging a leg over a bike weighing at least 2.5kg less I can say that yes it is important. Important may be the wrong description but the difference is incredible.

aracer
    Free Member

No, MTBs are not subject to any weight limitations.

I’ve double checked, and the UCI weight regulation doesn’t mention specific disciplines (unlike other rules) – therefore it must apply to all. http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getObject.asp?MenuId=MTkzNg&ObjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=34033&LangId=1 – regulation 1.3.019

fasthaggis

I know this Neilywheel,and I was only half joking 😉

I love the difference when I jump on my summer bike ,but I have never weighed it,or the winter/CX/commuter/tourer .

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

should have had a pic with the previous…

P1010447 by botsholt, on Flickr

13.4 lbs without pedals or cages. tickles 14 with them

damitamit
    Free Member

Nice!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

13.2lb with pedals

Shibboleth
    Free Member

You could shed a bit of eight if you slammed those bars and lost some spacers Matt! 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 212 total)

The topic ‘How much does your road bike weigh?’ is closed to new replies.