Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • How exactly do you find a good man these days?
  • ask1974
    Free Member

OK. Lets get one thing clear, this is not about me 😯

My wife’s younger sister is one of life’s great mystery’s; she’s in her early thirties, pretty, outgoing, popular and fun, but single and has been for a while? She lives with a friend so she’s not exactly lonely (no smart remarks please) and while I appreciate that some people are quite happy [single] and don’t need to jump from one date to another, one must assume she’s thinking about this in her quiet ‘alone’ time.

Outwardly she gives little away to suggest she’s concerned but I simply cannot believe she would prefer to be single and my wife agrees. She’s a wonderful family girl and will nest very well one thinks 😉

So, given todays busy lifestyle, where does one hunt for suitable men? Dating sites maybe the solution and I would recommend STW chaps of course, but given our overriding passion for metal and rubber…. enough said! However if you’re single, successful, in your 30’s and live in the Surrey / Hampshire area you might be just the lad!

Otherwise where do guys hangout? The way I see it you have to cast the net wide…So this is my attempt to find her perfect fella. Call it a New Year good will thingy…

Drac

Sounds like my Sister in Law but it’s her choice so I let her get on with it.

gusamc
    Free Member

look at Spice (*activities club, average age maybe a bit older though)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Picture?

Certificates stating clear bill of mental health?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I really don’t see why you’re so convinced she can’t be happy single 😕

Some of us don’t feel “incomplete” just because we’re not living in someone else’s pockets…

khani
    Free Member

How many caring, intelligent and thoughtful men does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Both of them 😀
    When she’s bothered she’ll sort it out, sometimes being single is a choice, maybe she’s having fun……

ask1974
    Free Member

Yeti, on an open forum, not a chance.

donsimon
    Free Member

However if you’re single, successful, in your 30’s and live in the Surrey / Hampshire area you might be just the lad!

You sir are both ageist and locationist… 👿

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeti, on an open forum, not a chance.

E-mail in profile.

druidh
    Free Member

ask1974 – Member
    I appreciate that some people are quite happy [single] and don’t need to jump from one date to another,

Quite

one must assume she’s thinking about this in her quiet ‘alone’ time.

Why?

ask1974
    Free Member

Hey Zulu I’m not stating she’s unhappy, far from it, but I do know she wants to settle down and time’s a ticking… Don’t want this thread to get off track, I’m just tapping the STW masses for opinions on how one finds a perfect partner in this day and age.

Don simon, anyone one keen enough would see that as a challenge! that’s why i said ‘might’…

shotsaway
    Free Member

she’s in her early thirties, pretty, outgoing, popular and fun, but single

If she is anything like some of my wife’s single friends, the above quote could also mean “High Maintenance”. That would scare many men off.

They can also come across as desparate (for love, marriage and children) and give out those signals. The men run from these signals as well.

ask1974
    Free Member

Why?

Because I would be. It’s an opinion and I could be wrong. Lets face it if you’re looking to marry and have kids, in your 30’s and single it’s a fair bet you ‘sometimes’ think about your status… but as I said, I could be wrong.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

If anyone knows how and where to find a man, can you let me know too please?
    (maybe I should put an email in my profile?)

ask1974
    Free Member

If she is anything like some of my wife’s single friends, the above quote could also mean “High Maintenance”. That would scare many men off.

They can also come across as desparate (for love, marriage and children) and give out those signals. The men run from these signals as well.

Absolutely. But this is the thing. IMO she is none of the above. Probably a bit picky about who she dates but that’s fair.

Stoner
    Free Member

Do you come with any land or prospects Lady Gresley?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

a bit picky

😆 heard that one before…

in that case, if she does want to settle down, I wonder if her ‘eligibility criteria’ are somewhat unrealistic?

Don’t want to cast aspersions in any way, but I’ve met an, ahem, significant number of laydies, who when you ask them what they’re looking for in a man, reel off a list of essential ‘must have’ characteristics that your average member of a european royal family would find it hard to fulfil 😉

bellerophon
    Free Member

I’m just tapping the STW masses for opinions on how one finds a perfect partner in this day and age.

Well you have to go back 26 years, but I got smashed and met my now wife in the pub.. can’t she do that

corroded
    Free Member

I’m single, successful, 30s and Surrey-Hampshire border. However, she sounds far too nice for me.

I’d question your assumption that being single means being anxious about it. She may be perfectly happy. Or just very, very picky.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

ASK1974 You could be setting yourself up for one hell of a family bust up if she ever sees this thread! Just about all the 30 somehthing single women I know would kill me if I ever did this to one of them. I admire your selfless courage!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Do you come with any land or prospects Lady Gresley?

Errrm…no… 😳

Hadge
    Free Member

Not everyones the same and people can and are happy on their own. Some single girls I know are so scared of having a baby they won’t be with anyone because of pressure from a partner. Some have family pressures that won’t allow them to have a partner too so maybe there are things in her life that she’s not telling you but your minds working overtime thinking your doing the right thing for her. I’d just leave her to find her own happiness and her own choices.

ask1974
    Free Member

Come on chaps don’t question my assumptions and view point on this. I love my sister in-law and would like to see her hitched to a great guy, I’m pretty bloody sure she does as well. And it’s not just me, my wife and I speak on this occasionally.

The question is in the title.

ask1974
    Free Member

ASK1974 You could be setting yourself up for one hell of a family bust up if she ever sees this thread! Just about all the 30 somehthing single women I know would kill me if I ever did this to one of them. I admire your selfless courage!

Why? It’s not as if I’m advertising her for sale (am I? 😳 ) I’m asking a constructive question and if anyone has a great idea I’ll let the info slip through via my wife. Of course if a nice looking STW chap just happens to step forward then I’ll think about my next step.

bellerophon
    Free Member

I’ll say it again, get her down the pub, or don’t people do that anymore?

donsimon
    Free Member

I would have thought the best thing is to let her sort it out herself. If you think that a random biker would suit her invite her to a group ride.
    Why do you actually feel that she should be in a relationship?
    You’ve asked the question and I think the answer is that the choice is hers. End.

CaptJon
    Free Member

why do certain couples feel it is their responsibility to sort out other people’s lives? there is a fine line between being a friend and being a patronising busy-body.

be careful OP

cynic-al
    Free Member

Why not ask her if she’s happy single?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What she needs to do is have a holiday house swap with a rich movie exec from LA. She can then befriend an elderly gent who happens to be a rather famous early screen writer and learn about the ‘cute meet’… the point at which love interests meet in a movie.

Say she’s in a department store looking for some PJ’s but only wants the top. At the exact same time a guy is there also looking for some PJ’s but only wants the bottoms… that’s the ‘cute meet’.

She’ll then randomly meet a friend of the house swapper and have her own ‘cute meet’… yadda yadda they’ll live hapily ever after.

shotsaway
    Free Member

Of course if a nice looking STW chap just happens to step forward then I’ll think about my next step.

I get it. You are looking for a new riding buddy 😉

grantway
    Free Member

put her on ebay

paulosoxo
    Free Member

CaptJon – Member
    why do certain couples feel it is their responsibility to sort out other people’s lives? there is a fine line between being a friend and being a patronising busy-body.
    be careful OP

Meant to text you, sorted you a blind date.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you need to ask her… do you even know what she is doing to not be single or that she cares as much as you?

singletrackmind

Single . – Tick
    Successful.- Tick
    Hampshire .- Tick
    Unfortunatly I am 42 , so thats me out , oh well was hoping 2012 is going to get better than 2011 ended ( See who is staying in on NYE thread ) but they have just found a body on the beach in front of my flat and all the Police are here . happy new year.

Bunnyhop

Does she ride mtbs?
    There are many group rides where women are in the minority. The chaps I ride with are funny, friendly and a decent bunch, there’s always at least one single among them.
    Or, does she ski? I met hubby on a skiing holiday, funnily we weren’t looking for anyone at the time, so there was no pressure.

Does she climb? There are some great climbing clubs around, plenty of nice chaps seem to climb, infact outdoor types are always fun to be around.

singletrackmind – 42 isn’t old.

john_drummer
    Free Member

So this is my attempt to find her perfect fella.

have you asked her if she wants you to do this?

scaredypants

However if you’re single, successful, in your 30’s and live in the Surrey / Hampshire area you might be just the lad!

You sir are both ageist and locationist…

, marital statusist and sexist too 😐

ask1974
    Free Member

be careful OP

Blimey guys how many times do I have to say it. All I’m asking is a fair question. How exactly is asking about dating in the modern age patronising? No wonder life is so bloody complicated these days, you can’t ask a simple question without everyone analysing your motives.

🙄

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Does she ride mtbs?
    There are many group rides where women are in the minority.

The problem with that is a lot of blokes don’t want to spend time waiting for a lady who is somewhat slower than them 😳

donsimon
    Free Member

The problem with that is a lot of blokes don’t want to spend time waiting for a lady who is somewhat slower than them

Not sure that’s true, I’m more than happy to let the lady lead. 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘How exactly do you find a good man these days?’ is closed to new replies.