Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How do I use Garmin with a MAC (sorry I'm a moron)
  • tombird
    Free Member

I have a Garmin Legend and a MAC that are both pretty new to me. I have tried downloading a few things from Garmin but they didn't do much.

Please help, bikes I can deal with because I can see them working but electronic devises are a mystery to me! 😳

warton
    Free Member

you need to run a windows OS on your mac, either with a dual boot, or some fncy software. someone will be along in a minute to tell you. If you struggle with such things you may be in for a right old carry on

tomdebruin
    Free Member

This might work for you: Ascent

grumm
    Free Member

you need to run a windows OS on your mac, either with a dual boot, or some fncy software.

You don't.

What are you trying to do exactly? I use sites like bikehike with mine to plot and transfer routes, and ascent for tracking.

Sandwich

Garmins Mac software is pretty good and allows you to transfer device data to their connect website and download routes all ready posted. The training software has just been updated to version 3 and is considerably better than version 2 for info and record keeping. Once the safari plug-in installer has run you need to log out and log back in again for it to work.
    I believe it is possible to plan routes with google maps and a paper map and transfer the ensuing route to the Garmin. For a better solution you may want to invest in a copy of Windows and run Tracklogs or Memory Map etc on a Bootcamp partition.

tombird
    Free Member

Thanks that helps. i just want to stick a few more detailed maps on it so that I can flick between them as necessary when out on my bike. Can't find my SD card at the moment though so it will have to wait 😡

grumm
    Free Member

I believe it is possible to plan routes with google maps and a paper map and transfer the ensuing route to the Garmin. For a better solution you may want to invest in a copy of Windows and run Tracklogs or Memory Map etc on a Bootcamp partition.

Or you could just plot routes on OS map/satellite views on bikehike et al, and transfer direct to your garmin from the browser.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Tom dB – web monkey
    This might work for you: Ascent

Not seen that one before Tom, for recording (something I am wanting to do to scare myself into training for K100 more properly) it looks spot on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How do I use Garmin with a MAC (sorry I'm a moron)’ is closed to new replies.