Home Forums Bike Forum How can i fix this? (Reverb remote content)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How can i fix this? (Reverb remote content)
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

How can i fix this broken remote?

Can you point me to a link to get this spare part?

Thanks

dirtydog
    Free Member

If your lucky you’ll just need this

http://www.fisheroutdoor.co.uk//product.asp?category=750&part%5Fno=R5016020A&find%5Fcategory=750&find%5Fdescription=&find%5Fpart%5Fdesc=

If you’ve carried on using it there’s a chance the broken plunger will have scored the inside of the remote in which case you’ll need to replace the whole remote, this happened to mine.

I know, ridiculous price, just hope you don’t have to replace the whole unit!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Cheers, by the way.. How do i know i scored the inside of the remote and needs replacing the whole remote system? This was just given to me if i can fix it.

creamegg
    Free Member

you’ll know after you’ve replaced the plunger and when its still not working

wolfenstein
    Free Member

I tried to poke it.. The seatpost still works up and down.

daver27
    Free Member

if you were given it, just buy a complete new remote.

scruff
    Free Member

Take the big staple out of the back of the remote, if what’s left of the plunger doesn’t pop out use the bleed screw & syringe to put some pressure into the system, this will blow the bit of plunger out. You can then see down the plunger hole to see if its scored. Mine was. As mine needed a whole service aswell I just bought a new Reverb, it was cheaper.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

@scruff …probably a dumb question, but, what it looks like if its scored?

another question, if i have another whole remote assembly should i fit it from the seatpost hose connector or just in the remote?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

daver27 – Member
    if you were given it, just buy a complete new remote.

trying to save money as i can :(

creamegg
    Free Member

If its scored you can see scratches on the inside or you can feel them if poke something inside. Just replace at remote end if rest of hose is undamaged

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How can i fix this? (Reverb remote content)’ is closed to new replies.