Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hotmail – Anyone unable to open mail etc since it was upgraded ?
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

I don't use it myself but a colleague still cannot get into his in box mails – he can see them but they won't open. Its been like this since hotmail upgraded the other week. Any ideas what he can do to try to fix this?

Cougar

Try a different browser, see if it's specific to the browser or the PC.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

They have tried IE and Firefox. No go with either.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

We've ruled out user error, presumably? Ie, he's not just being thick technically challenged?

If it's cross-browser then the first thing I'd be looking for is to see if there's third-party security apps installed, something like Norton Internet Security or some such, which could be interfering with it.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Well he's not the most techie of people. It was all find until Hotmail apparently upgraded at their end. I wondered if it clashed with something. I might ask him later what version of IE he is using. Maybe its some outdated thing Hotmail cant work with. I don't think he is getting any error messages, just none of the mail will open although he can see the in box listing and new mail is still coming in. I don't know what he uses for security (home machine). I will try to find out more later today.

Cougar

Seems there are (or at least, were) known issues.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/08/12/hotmail_fixes_coming_to_a_browser_near_you_soon/

I'll buy the 'out of date browser' idea if he's running Firefox 2.x and a really elderly version of IE, otherwise it does seem to be a bit odd that both browsers are giving the same symptoms. Assuming they are, of course.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hotmail – Anyone unable to open mail etc since it was upgraded ?’ is closed to new replies.