Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope XC Race Series 2 Race 1 feedback please
  • Brownbacks
    Free Member

what was good, what was not so good?

hope you all enjoyed the race

if you have any idea's or feedback let us know…

info@brownbacksracing.co.uk

race 2 27th September, race 3 18th October

It was great to see so many new faces and women giving racing a try, also good to see so many women who could out-ride the blokes on the more technical sections. Even the "Lads" had a good time, shame there were no "Lasses"

DaveyJohnston
    Free Member

Prizes for the first 3 in all categories?

Mole
    Free Member

Move up the top so called weekend warriors.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Brownbacks
    Free Member

DaveyJohnston, I think you will find our prize fund is very generous and we work very hard to get the sponsorship for it.

Mole, We thought about this and then forgot/were too busy to sort out/generally "endearingly shambolic" . Rules will be revised for next series to introduce "promotion".

We have also had complaints about the lack of age related categories, so we may introduce one catch all "I don't want to race against kids" category 😉

any more points? if you don't tell us we can't sort it!

DWH
    Free Member

This was my first 'short course' type event for a few years (I usually enter Enduros like the Meridas) and I really liked it. I was a bit concerned about how technical the course would be – I have to be honest and say I'm a bit of a mincer – and I was pleasantly surprised that it was just about the the top end of my meagre ability and that I was able to ride it all except that "gulley" which I had to run down when I was tired.

Liked:

– Friendly feel (from organisers, marshals and fellow competitors).
    – Not doing laps on grass or in a forest.
    – Technical (but not too technical) nature of the course.
    – Complete lack of "podium rider coming through".
    – Catering (and toilets!)

Disliked:

– No "Male/47yo/hardtail" category.

I'm joking about the category thing. Actually, I quite like the refreshingly simple lack of categories.

twinklydave

loved the course, all rideable but some nicely tricky sections when ridden at speed with someone else on your shoulder 🙂

loved the atmosphere – everybody seemeed to be enjoying themselves, when I dropped out I had almost as much fun helping other riders/chatting to marshalls

loved the massive number of and quality of prizes (even though I didnt get anything) – makes it even more enticing, knowing that there's loads of stuff on offer

as i'd pre-registered it was wonderfully easy to sign on,

i know it's a sad thing to count as a bit of feedback but the parking was good too – loads of it and no-one's ever going to get stuck in a boggy field and have to get towed out by a tractor! (sorry)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope XC Race Series 2 Race 1 feedback please’ is closed to new replies.