Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hope Valley Challenge- GPX file
  • bammy
    Free Member

Anybody got the GPX file for the long route? The files dont work on the web site.

muddy9mtb

I was wondering when this would come up, I had pointed out to the organizers some three weeks ago that they aren’t working correctly.
    they still haven’t fixed it.
    so here goes – find your route – this is the long one
    http://www.hopevalleymbc.co.uk/images/Routes/HVMBC_LONG.gpx
    it’s a page full of text
    right click anywhere on the page
    you should get an option to “save page as”
    click “save page as”
    do not alter anything other than the location you wish to save – the file should automatically be saved as a .gpx file
    or for the long one
    HVMBC_LONG.gpx
    and now it should work
    above sequence works on firefox
    hope that helps – see you saturday

bammy
    Free Member

muddy9mtb

When I do that in windows 7 pro it has the following file extension .gpx.txt.

Could you DM me the long route gpx file……………please?

carlos
    Free Member

I just down loaded it, deleted the .txt off the end, uploaded it to bike hike and hey presto

muddy9mtb

that’s it, remove the .txt to leave hvbc_long.gpx and open in your normal programme.
    can’t find an option to DM you bammy?

bammy
    Free Member

carlos, already tried that, Garmin Base Camp wont open it.

muddy9mtb, Ive emailed you.

Ta

frogstomp

Is this a good introduction to riding in the area? Can’t make this weekend but will be up the following one and looking for a good route to try..

julians
    Free Member

I havent looked at this years route, but if its the same as previous years then it covers a few of the main bridleways. Its a long route covering 30 miles and a smidge under 5000 feet of climbing.

Theres still loads of stuff round there that it doesnt touch though.

Some of it is a bit boring, but theres some good stuff in there, I sometime think it might be better in reverse, but I’ve never tried it.

bammy
    Free Member

frogstomp……….yep it pretty much covers a good variety of what the peaks hs to offer.

Its certainly not boring.

muddy9mtb

challenging conditions, 6 punctures in the group…sore legs. how was it for everyone else

iain1775
    Free Member

Enjoyed it, but we missed Chapelgate and went along Rushup and down the broken road instead, combination of my mate needing to get back early and having singlespeed cramp setting in (don’t like Chalelgate since the improvements anyway) although I think they need to start staggering start times 120+ riders all straight into a narrow double track climb then down the beast was interesting
    What the hell have DCC done to the bottom of the path from Jacobs back to Hayfield, that surface is lethal to bikes and no fun to try and walk up

muddy9mtb

yer that surface? we were hoping they were going to cover it with some smaller chippings after we did a recky run last month…god it took us ages to push the bikes over it and you can’t walk on it either…luckily for me I use flat pedals so no clips to get in the way.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hope Valley Challenge- GPX file’ is closed to new replies.