Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Hope bulb front qr adaptor – where from ??
  • scaredypants

Gave mine away a year or 2 ago 🙁 🙄

Anyone know where I might find one ? (I’m not a champion googler but I did have a go) Maybe shops have ’em in but don’t bother listing online ?

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

I had the same problem, after lots of searching I ended up bodging an adapter from the evo hub, if I had had access to a lathe it would be a lot easier, they’re pretty ropey, fine on the kids bike, but if you do source some I’d be up for a proper set too

tracknicko
    Free Member

think i have one spare.

would swap it for beer tokens.

scaredypants

tracknicko – email on the way

(good work glasgowdan – google showed UKBS up, but only for a rear hub when I looked)

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hope direct might be worth an ask?

Onzadog
    Free Member

5 or 6 bolt bulb? It makes a difference.

scaredypants

really ? 😳

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yes, the 5 bolt ones are symmetrical, the 6 bolt ones are offset slightly.

nosedive
    Free Member

anyone fancy knocking up a batch of 15mm bulb adaptors ? I would chip in

scaredypants

nosedive – wait a bit and I’ll tell you how, when I find the thread

ads678

Drop hope an email. If they have them in stock still, they’ll tell you to get your local dealer to order one.

scaredypants

OK

I made some and it was a piece of piss

Member on here called creaser was selling machined-out pro2 QR adaptors as 15mm. Turned out that they worked fine for that purpose because they are the same as the 15mm ones regarding internal diameter, just with some extra 9mm guff on the ends. He was selling the machined ones cheaply and, since I knew I was going to further butcher at least one end, I thought I’d take a chance on them. They were really nicely machined FWIW. I did wonder if people would be interested in getting him to machine these bulb sets poshly but fiured not many folk still used bulbs

I’d had a look at a set of the QR ones against a bulb before and already wondered if I could bulbify them easy enough. In fact all you need to do (for a 6 bolt bulb – I learnt today that 5 bolt are different) is chop off a bit of one of the end pieces, just at the point where the (easily removable) silvery metal ring sits. I used a hacksaw – it’s very soft alloy – and then tarted it up a little with a file.

SO, get some 15mm caps and chop one up. I’m as close to certain as I can be that the “real” 15mm ones will work the same, though mine were machined-down QR ones as I said up there

scaredypants

Turns out UKBS don’t have stock after all – took 3 weeks and a reminder for them to find this out though 🙄

any shop geezers know that they have one in stock at work ?

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

Yep I chased them up yesterday and they came back this morning saying they thought they could get them from Hope but obviously not….

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ill join the QR queue 🙁

nosedive
    Free Member

re: the 15mm adaptor hijack…

15mm Pro II end caps and go at them with a hacksaw you say….like your thinking

I was also thinking of turning (well, asking my dad to turn) a sleeve of the correct width, 15mm internal diamter, 20mm external diamater and tapping it into the 20mm adaptor. Surely this cant fail

then I would just have to hope that Mrs nosedive doesn’t notice that the nice front wheel off her xc bike has been replaced with a downhill wheel

scaredypants

15mm Pro II end caps and go at ONE OF them with a hacksaw you say

nosedive
    Free Member

one of them….right, they are different width either side on bulbs, I remember now

cheers!

GeForceJunky

Nosedive – You just need to machine 6mm (i think) off the outer end of one of the adapters, its very simple.

scaredypants

had a bit of emailage with hope recently (a week or so ago, hopefully still true) – apparently they found some more bulb adaptors under the sofa cushions or something, so if you want one you can get your lbs to order it in.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Hope bulb front qr adaptor – where from ??’ is closed to new replies.