Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Hope Bars
  • showlett
    Free Member

Hello,

I am after a new set of bars and fancy the new hope ones!
    Does anyone know if/when they are available?

Cheers
    Steve

Onzadog
    Free Member

Their seatpost was called eternity because they look so long to reach the market place. Rhett may be planning to called the bars “not in your lifetime”.

Sorry, no help at all. I’m probably just amusing myself but at least it’s given your question a bump.

misinformer
    Free Member

And are they actual Hope bars or another factory X slap a decal on and show some “we test em” shots that’s we we invariably charge more

julianwilson
    Free Member

Given the truly enormous cost of the machinery to manufacture handlebars, it is unlikely that hope will start making them in their own factory with their own staff etc. How much of an input they have into who they commission to make bars for them is another thing though. fwiw they don’t make all the components in their lights from scratch themselves either but they are pretty good and pretty reliable. This would be in part because their design of the battery boxes and lamp bodies keep them cool keeps the elements out, but also they will have been careful not to just go for the cheapest cells/leds/pcbs etc but the better performing ones.

If you read the Thomson blurb they would like us to think that their standards and r&d are the same for their (outsourced) handlebars as the things they make (ie mill from billet, much like pretty much everything hope do) themselves. iirc thomson invested in some advertising/info-mercial stuff around their handlebars as it was a bit of a departure for them.

reedspeed
    Free Member

I’m Waiting too !,this time lady they started in the press saying they’d be launched in weeks,a year on & they’re still not here,as a big Hope fan I’ve waited & waited,but my patience is wearing thin ,I’m now tempted to buy the Renthall carbon jobbies ..

wysiwyg
    Free Member

They’re from the same factory as the renthal iirc

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

They were coming out in March 2013 then May 2013 and still waiting.Look good though.

showlett
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies, looks like they are not out any time soon then!
    Reedspeed, it was a toss up between the hope ones & the renthal carbon ones, Looks like renthal has won!

reedspeed
    Free Member

I’ve just got off the phone to Hope ref the bars,to be told they’re not doing em now,as it’s a product that was going to be outsourced & not made in house !,so they’re not happening !..

Northwind

Fair play to them tbh. I remember reading an interview with one of the top chaps, one of their earliest experiences with outsourcing was signing up a chinese factory to make carbon fibre brake levers, the counterfeits/back-door-of-the-factory versions were on Ebay before the official ones were in the UK 😆

Free Member

I enquired about the bars a few weeks ago and receiced this response from Hope;

Hi, unfortunately we have decided to not launch the bars. We had our doubts from the beginning as its not possible for us to make them ourselves but 99 % of everything else we make in done in house. Sorry about that.

Hope that clears it up!

ratherbeintobago

Fair play to them tbh

+1

Do Renthal not make their (alloy) bars in Stockport?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

wysiwyg – Member

Not quite right, but there was a tenuous link between the two.

Northwind

ratherbeintobago – Member

Do Renthal not make their (alloy) bars in Stockport?

This is an Internet Fact but apparently the mtb bars are made abroad while the motorbike bars are made in the UK- different kit required, and the wossname for making mtb bars is stupendously expensive.

reedspeed
    Free Member

So are the Hope bars Renthals ?..

ratherbeintobago

the wossname for making mtb bars is stupendously expensive

This is why Thomson decided not to make theirs in house, isn’t it? So, where are the Renthal bars made?

Incidentally, anyone know if the offset Hope seat post is available yet?

wiggles
    Free Member

The hope bars don’t exist.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Hope Bars’ is closed to new replies.