Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Honda Civic bike rack
  • partyboy1101
    Free Member

Does anyone know the best way of attaching a bike to an 8th generation (current model) Honda Civic? It has a full glass roof so not sure if roof bars are an option.

druidh
    Free Member

I had one and fitted a towbar.

partyboy1101
    Free Member

Is a towbar the only possibility? A rear monted rack would be preferable if there is one that fits.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I have tried a few, none seem to fit properly as the hatch lid is too thick… the little clasps that go over the bottom and top of the hatch just slid out…

tried,
    saris bones
    halfords cheapo

and a few unbranded ones borrowed of mates.

I now have resigned to putting the back seat down and sliding it in without front wheel and seat. you can 3 bikes and 3 people and kit in my civic TypeR

pickle
    Free Member

is it a 3 door or a 5 door? with my 5 door i just put the rear seats up, take off the wheels and i can fit 3 bikes in the back

simon_g

There’s someone on civinfo who fitted a Saris Bones but I think it’s a really bad idea with the combination of plastic tailgate, 2-part bonded rear screen and no step/lip where the bottom of the tailgate goes.

I’d go with some Atera roofbars, the feet don’t sit anywhere near the glass roof and they don’t specifically exclude use on cars with one (as Thule do).

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/gallery/7771-atera-roof-bars.html

bruneep

You can fit roof bars, I had on my glass roof. If fact still would have the Thule foot pack if interested.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Honda Civic bike rack’ is closed to new replies.