Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Honda Accord saloon (4 dr)- get a bike in?
  • hora
    Free Member

Potentially daft question but with careful wheels off, is it possible to wiggle a bike into the boot with one rear swab down? If not other solution/combination etc?

zippykona

This has worked in every car I’ve owned with rear doors . Rear seat up,front wheel out, spin bars so forks face backwards. Reverse bike into wear passengers would sit. Shut door ,drive off.

samuri
    Free Member

what age?

I’ve got an ’05 plate accord saloon and there’s no way I could get a bike in the boot with just one seat down.

If I was trying that I’d just take both wheels off and the seatpost out and try and get the frame in the boot without dropping the seats. Never tried it mind. Usually just drop both seats.

Well, I used to. Nowadays I have a towbar mount which is ace.

boltonjon

I’ve got an old Merc 190 – bike lives where the back seats have been taken out. Can get 2 bikes in required

Not practical if you@ve got family though… 🙂

martymac

my m8 has a 54 plate accord, he needs both seats down to get a 16″ frame in, thats with rigid forks too.

Pook

no. but you can in a puma. stop driving like a tit, get the car fixed and then subsequently spend your money on something other than things you break.

hora
    Free Member

Its fixed for now and yes I’ll stop driving like a tit but I’ve got my eye on circa05/06 2.4 Accord’s. More grown up 🙂

I’ll keep it until the next bill then I’ll take it outside and bloody shoot it 😆

samuri
    Free Member

Awesome cars mark. get one. I’d go for the 2.2 CDTi if I were you though. Very ecomnomical, massively comfy, huge.

When I replace mine, I’ll be getting another. Love it.

hora
    Free Member

Is it a DPF?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Why buy a saloon when you could have the tourer? I’ve got the tourer and it’s a fantastic car.

hora
    Free Member

I’d love the Tourer- the issue is availability and the ones that are available tend to be quite high-milers sadly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Honda Accord saloon (4 dr)- get a bike in?’ is closed to new replies.