Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Holiday suggestions with 2 toddlers
  • djglover
    Free Member

Hi, I'm looking for inspiration for a summer family holiday with 2 toddlers in tow. All my recent holidays have revolved around skiing or mountain biking so I am totally new to all this and open to any suggestions that have worked for you! The will both be 18 months old.

Looking on the internet at the family holiday market, its huge and I'm finding it hard to find inspiration!

Rickos
    Free Member

*pulls up chair*

We're struggling with this one as well. Mrs Rickos fancies Egypt for some snorkelling and diving, but doesn't like the idea of a 5 hour flight with a little boy that always wants to be off adventuring, but she also wants exotic(ish).

steviegil
    Free Member

Looks like im not the only one then.. 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    geoffj

Decide on budget and amount of time you want to travel and take it from there.
    You need to consider the heat – toddlers don't like it too hot.
    Entertaining them on a beach in nice weather is nicer easier than dragging them around the Pyramids.

Wales, Cornwall, Brittany or SW France depending on budget and travel time.

djglover
    Free Member

Ha, I've obviously come to the right place! 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Massive vote for Neilson beach holidays here. Very family friendly, and loads of fun stuff for the grown ups! 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

i have a 3 year old and and 18 month old and we spent a fortnight in the lakes last year which was cool but tbh at that age give them a few big boxes and some toys to play with and they'd have been equally as happy at home and in the garden.

I'd say find a location thats not too far to travel to, not too hot or cold and if you have to go abroad choose a family friendly country.

br
    Free Member

We've just come back from a week in Pembrokeshire, cottage near the sea. It'll be perfect in summer for little ones. Just beaches and fresh air.

takisawa2

Get a tent. A nice big one. No better place for kids than a family camp-site. Even if it does rain, we stick ours in all-in-one waterproofs & they still love it. And don't fuss about getting them in bed, chill out & let them run till they drop. Pear Tree park in Dorset is ace for kids, plenty of shade & there's loads of attractions down there. Best hols we've had have been camping. 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Camping is definitely a good option but usually try and get one cottage holiday in a year as well – we have had cracking holidays in Dumfries and Galloway – loads of farm parks etc and Stanes for riding.

Also recommend Northumberland – awesome beaches, quite a few farm park/kiddy friendly places around, some just over the border. Great for castles for older kids.

The Tywyn (sp?) area of Wales was also good – farms, animals, steam railways, beaches, the alternative energy centre when they get to school age, mountain biking near by.

We've found holiday cottages on farms are great – the farms provide immediate entertainment, especially at lambing time, some deliberately set out to offer the experience. My eldest in now 6 and a half, and in the last couple of years has seen lambs born, bottlefed them, and driven a tractor. He's also seen dead lambs and sheep, which hasn't fazed him, and given him quite a mature view of farms and food production. (He gets a bit spooked if the "dead" animal is still twitching though)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Holiday suggestions with 2 toddlers’ is closed to new replies.