• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hire car stinks of petrol
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Would you take it back? Not quite enough to give me a headache but it’s definitely there and is enough to be obnoxious.

bruneep

Yes.

jota180
    Free Member

Would you take it back?

If it was a diesel, I would 🙂

spooky_b329

If it was convenient…yes. Could be poor valeting after someone split fuel in the boot…could be more serious…

My Punto started smelling of petrol, turned out one of the pins going through the tank into the lift pump was overheating, had melted the plastic, and fuel was sloshing up alongside the pin soaking the top of the tank/fuel pump plug/under side of rear seat.

zokes
    Free Member

Wait til it explodes, then ask for a refund 🙂

brassneck

Mine had a big ‘DIESEL FUEL ONLY’ keyfob, despite being clearly labelled petrol in the filler cap. Weird thing is, even knowing this, and knowing it redlined at 6500, I still felt nervous filling it backup.

molgrips
    Free Member

Called them, he said he’d change it which is fine, but he did say that Ford Kas often smell funny…. Disconcerting to be honest, but the smell is definitely petrol.

The engine bay smelled a little oily, maybe a bit of petrol after I’d stopped – as if something had been spilled previously. Of course petrol doesn’t go in there so that suggests a slight leak.

damo2576
    Free Member

You’ve not changed aftershaves recently have you?

binners

Aren’t you in Ireland? Is there any fertiliser in the boot?

DrP

…he did say that Ford Kas often smell funny…

If had a ford Ka as a student. If they smell of dirty washing, muddy bikes, poor maintenance, and pizza boxes, he’s right…

DrP

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hire car stinks of petrol’ is closed to new replies.