Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hi Rollers or Nobbly Nic Rear & Fat Albert front?
  • adi66
    Free Member

Whats the best All Mountain set-up in peoples opinions ?

matt_outandabout

Ardent and Advantage 8)

deviant
    Free Member

HighRoller 42a (super tacky) front (2.35) and HighRoller 60a (normal compound) rear….also 2.35.

I was sceptical about super tacky compounds until i put one on the bike and went down the Corkscrew DH run at FoD and the front didnt slip or slide on the wet roots at all….superb, i couldnt care less if they wear quickly, that kind of performance is incredible in my opinion.

danjthomas
    Free Member

well…id throw in a bonty xr4 in there too. Roll like crazy.

Ive only ever used the rollers twice. once on a rental lappiere after snapping my frame in morzine and i didnt feel the front drift once even in the rain. I thought at the time “gotta get some of these” but i didnt.

Last week a mate took a 70% worn roller of his alpine and gave it to me. i put it up front on my roscoe and done cwmcarn which was wet at parts, i hit berms with loose shingle which i slipped on before and rememered my morzine experience. Very impressive. Im trying the advantage and the highroller combo this year.

adi66
    Free Member

There Max Pro 60’S WHATEVER THEY ARE ? GOT EM FOR FREE..

Just wondering if there any better than the above combo… as the Fat Albert seems pretty “draggy”.

chojin
    Free Member

I run an FA front/NN rear – I like it 🙂

the FA front offers fantastic grip where I ride (south coast, swinley et al)

adi66
    Free Member

I run an FA front/NN rear – I like it

Chojin you even ran Hr’s as a comparison ?

munrobiker
    Free Member

I run FA 2.4 front, High Roller 2.35 rear. I don’t think Maxxis do a fat enough tyre for the front for me, but when the FA wears out I’ll fit another Roller or a 2.4 Nic.

The Rollers are great while the FA is a bit drifty. A Nic front would have loads of bite while the HR flies about and is a laugh on the back without being as drifty as a rear FA.

adi66
    Free Member

So Hi Roller on the front & FA on the rear then ?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I get on better with the ‘new’ Fat Albert on the front than a rubber queen or high roller.

Racing ralph or Mud-X out back, depending on the conditions.

adi66
    Free Member

In these Icey conditions, suggestions ?

adi66
    Free Member

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hi Rollers or Nobbly Nic Rear & Fat Albert front?’ is closed to new replies.