Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hi, I am new and after a bit advice.
  • v8wagon
    Free Member

Hiya, I’m Andy down in sunny Sussex.
    I’ve recently bit the bullet and started to get fit and lose weight. I’ve been cycling 10 miles a night on my old knackered Carrera and fancy something nice to whizz up and down roads on my nightly ride, ride to work on now and again and also take off road on the South Downs.

I was drawn to a Specialized Rockhopper but I’ve spotted a ‘Felt’ bike with 29″ wheels like the one in the link which is ‘as new’ for a smidge over £300.

Anyone got any advice for me, and opinions on the Specialized vs ‘Felt’ conundrum or indeed any other suggestions as to what bike would suit?

My max budget is probably £600 but to be honest the less I spend the better as I’m not exactly loaded.

v8wagon
    Free Member

Sorry….THIS is the link to the ‘felt’ bike I’m thinking of getting.

Anyone likey or no-likey?

RustyMac

Have a look at the voodoo bikes at Halfords as another option. The best advice at the moment would be try and get round a few bike shops and see if you can try (sit on or even bike round the car park) of a few different bikes to see what feels right.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Sounds like you might be better off with a hybrid, how about a Cannondale BadBoy?

DezB
    Free Member

Nah, a hybrid would be crap offroad, the Felt looks good to me for what you’re after. Get over QE Park this weekend, theres bound to be some demos, I think.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hi, I am new and after a bit advice.’ is closed to new replies.