• This topic has 31 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by simmy.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Hermes Couriers – Are they Bad all The Time?
  • seadog101

Recently bought a lovely guitar off a chap in the midlands. Paid through paypal, packaged and sent promptly.

Tracking the package online showed that it got to the Hermes Depot, then stopped moving….

Three weeks later, after losing the guitar, finding it, losing it again Hermes admit that it is gone for good.

Seller refunds the money without a quibble, and tells me that it wasn’t just my guitar they lost, others he sent the same day have vanished.

A quick check online shows that Hermes are the worst courier imaginable. Some of the delivery methods seem almost farcical, the best being ‘Sorry, package stuck on roof’.

sandwicheater

I’ve sent about 12 parcels over the last 3 months, all arrived without issue.

Jamie
    Free Member

This is going to be one of those marmite posts. I have used them a couple of times recently, both sending and receiving, and it’s been great.

My local delivery lady always comes the same time, and it only costs me an extra 20p to have her collect a parcel rather than dropping it off.

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

Oh i’ve recently sent two frames with them. Really easy to use and a drop off point just a mile from my house. Got emails from the people i sent frames to saying the frames arrived no problem.

johni
    Free Member

We’ve used them for a while. The normal lady who collects and delivers is excellent. We only had problems when she was on holiday and the stand in was hopeless.

JAG

I have sent around 6 parcels and had no problems so far. I need a ‘fingers crossed’ emoticon now 🙄

simmy
    Free Member

I’ve sent a few bits recently and they all got there but one, which was a Car Wing in a Bike Box ended up stuck at our local depot for 2 weeks.

I don’t know what happened as I just kept tracking it online and it didn’t move, but the buyer didn’t contact me so I’m guessing there was an issue with his side as he had paid for the delivery, all I did was print off the label he E Mailed me and dropped it off at the local shop.

chakaping
    Free Member

They obviously don’t invest too heavily in training or vetting for their delivery staff.

Too much of a gamble for me.

alanf
    Free Member

The local Hermes courier to me is excellent. We don’t use RM now, it’s just so much easier to have them collected and cheaper too.
    We’ve had no issues with any of the numerous packages we’ve sent but guess some of the ‘end’ couriers are not as good as our local one.

Defender
    Free Member

I’ve had many deliveries from them, all OK so far.
    No service is perfect, every once in a while something will go missing.
    It’s how the missing item is dealt with that is the main issue?

Flaperon

Apparently one of my neighbours has my parcel. I don’t know which one because they didn’t leave a card. Next door doesn’t have it and I’m not trying every house on the street.

Times like this I’m grateful for PayPal buyer protection.

pk13

Lost my cannondale frame

dekadanse
    Free Member

Remember, Hermes is or was the winged messenger of the gods!
    Something’s got lost in translation then.

But our local Hermes lady is lovely, though this doesn’t stop them taking 5 days to Parcel Force’s 48 hours.

Methinks at this rate myHerpes won’t be around for too long.

jonnyrockymountain

Been using them for the last 12 months without an issue probably 25 + parcels?

breadcrumb

Only received one parcel with them.

Online tracking told me it had been delivered, at 7pm on a Sunday. That was concerning as there is no access on site on a sundayand most definitely no one in to receive any post. The courier rocked up at 11am on the Monday with it, he must just sign delivered on stuff even when it isn’t…

iamroughrider
    Free Member

been sent a few items using hermes. No issues at all. Good service every time.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

flaperon i had this with another company – you could probably make some calls and determine who signed for it, or maybe ask to be put in contact with the driver etc.

Flaperon

flaperon i had this with another company – you could probably make some calls and determine who signed for it, or maybe ask to be put in contact with the driver etc.

@iamroughrider

Thanks for the advice, sadly Hermes won’t discuss anything unless you’re the sender. 🙁

Flaperon

Just spoken to Hermes and lied through my teeth. They’ve sent me a copy of the signature. It shows my name, but it’s not my signature.

Something fishy here, methinks.

pk13

Adding to your pain it took the best part of a month to get my cash back from them. Including photos of the item. Photos of the box ect. When sending items I photograph everything now.

boblo
    Free Member

I’ve used them 3 or 4 times and all was well until the last. The item was tracked and signed for as correctly delivered all good I thought. The recipient contacted me a few days later to say he hadn’t received the item. The palava I had to go through and the inept way they dealt with an item that had been delivered to a known location and signed for. They ended up telling me the item was lost at the same time the recipient popped next door and thankfully found it. Some ‘investigation’…

Never again.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I use my Hemes quite a lot, probably 20+ parcels in the last 4 months because of their drop off shops located around, I’m self employed and can’t be in the same place for more than a few hours and never at home during the day for collections so dropping off makes it easy.

Every one has made it there with no issues so far, although I always feel nervous when dropping off. They so far appear to be much better than UPS, who’s driver delivered a brand new motorbike helmet to me and as no one was in decided to leave it in the wheelie bin, on bin day! needless to say he signed for it himself, wrote a card saying one of the neighbours had it but didn’t supply a number. The bin lorry promptly turned up and collected my £400. Never will use UPS again!

eskay

Ordered a time trial helmet for my son who needs it tomorrow and have been tracking it online. Was stuck all day yesterday at the national hub. Gave up seeing it before the weekend. Checked this morning and it is out for delivery, so fingers crossed they may have come good (time to still go wrong though!).

Northwind

Just seems like their model means they’re only as good as your local delivery person- who in my case is a nice retired lady just wandering around the village chatting to people without a care in the world and occasionally delivering a parcel, it’s like being in Bergerac or something.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Every time I post a batch of parcels with them at least one item gets broken or lost. Without fail.

Jamie
    Free Member

Every time I post a batch of parcels with them at least one item gets broken or lost. Without fail.

How come you still use them?

Flaperon

Found my parcel safely tucked away under the decking by the back door. Appreciate the effort but wish the driver had left a card explaining exactly where!

thegreatape
    Free Member

That’ll be the next-door-wood lice then.

Klunk
    Free Member

sorry APC overnight are the worst couriers. well actually it’s tnt

andytherocketeer

tnt was quick, but was easier to go to depot to collect.
    just had the same with trans-o-flex (whom I’d never heard of).

pita getting in after work to find the card and you have to phone to rearrange delivery time. do that in lunch break and you’re past the deadline for the next day’s delivery round. so the next working day.

so my parcel sent on tuesday, delivery attempt wednesday, phone thursday (but too late), don’t deliver satrudays, so get a 9:00-10:30 delivery window monday (either home or work). not bad for 48hr international courier service.

dpd and gls end up in a parcel shop if not signed for by neighbour. dhl end up in post office.

still. least I have my parcel, and the bin man doesn’t, which is the important thing.

eskay

eskay – Member

Ordered a time trial helmet for my son who needs it tomorrow and have been tracking it online. Was stuck all day yesterday at the national hub. Gave up seeing it before the weekend. Checked this morning and it is out for delivery, so fingers crossed they may have come good (time to still go wrong though!).

Just turned up – they are ace!

simmy
    Free Member

I just remembered another issue when I sent the wing.

I live across the road from a Industrial Estate that has a Hermes depot the size of a small housing estate and they won’t accept parcels at the depot.

Ended up taking it to the corner shop, the same one all the Hermes employees use on their way to work…….

Stupid system.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Hermes Couriers – Are they Bad all The Time?’ is closed to new replies.