Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Here is my new Ragly mmmbop finally finished
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Rockshox Revelations 130mm with pushloc
    Slx double with Blackspire Stinger Chainguide
    Sram PG990 cassette Red
    Sram PC991 Chain
    X7 Shifters and X9 Rear Mech
    XT front Mech
    Hope headset
    Thomson 70mm stem
    Thomson layback seatpost
    Fizik Gobi Seat
    Hope pro 2's on Mavic Ex 729 rims
    Maxxis Aspen 2.35's
    Funn Full on bars
    Lizard skins grips

Absolutely awesome bike!!!!! Brant your a genius!!

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

so tempted to revert back to a ht from full sus

tony24
    Free Member

looks proper smart. i do love that colour frame looks the nuts.

rOcKeTdOg

i'd have run the fork lockout inboard of thr shifters and brake, but that's just a personal preference

grumm
    Free Member

Looks pretty sweet – hose too long on your front brake though imo. What brakes are they?

RealMan
    Free Member

See if you can set it up with the pushloc like I have (if you can see). Its much easier to use, and keeps it out of the way.

duntstick
    Free Member

That looks terrific, proper bars instead of spacers looks good too.I'd probably lose the fork lockout though.Will be interested on your thoughts when you've used it a bit.

mooman
    Free Member

Great bikes .. unbeatable for the money also.
    Heres a pic of mine .. hope you dont mind me taking the oppurtunity to show mine off also..

fudge9202
    Free Member

Brakes are Hayes Stoker Trail in white haven't tightened the cable in yet with a cable tie so does look long, another little job to do cheers

fudge9202
    Free Member

mooman you're not wrong mate I have a 2.5K Specialized stumpjumper and i prefer the Ragley, awesome!!!

fudge9202
    Free Member

RealMan never thought of it that way looks neat, just getting my allen keys out now!

enfht
    Free Member

Geometry loks alot a MkII P7

DT78
    Free Member

Do you find the mech bangs on the chainstay if you bunnyhop? Running mine with an xtr short cage mech and it makes a right racket.

If I can work out how to post pics I'll get one of mine up. (not very arty like yours though!)

Blue as well 🙂

fudge9202
    Free Member

bike is very quiet perhaps its the blackspire chainguide taking up the slack worth a try but i use an X9 rear mech also

fudge9202
    Free Member

GeeWavetree this rides just as good if not better than my full suss and rides like on rails mate you must try one or borrow one for a try

jimmyshand
    Free Member

To my eye there is something looks not quite right with those bikes And mmmBop has to be just about the dodgiest name ever for a bike.

My opinion doesnt really count though as it's your bike. Hope you like it.

hora
    Free Member

Realman thats rude. Surely you slyly posted hardtail royalty on this thread to make the OP feel jealous? 😈

spev

Oooo a blue mmmbop thread, must join in 🙂

They are indeed fantastic, both to ride and for value, although mine has encouraged me to push a bit harder and in the process has killed a front wheel, a rear mech and some ribs.
    Off out again tomorrow to see what falls off me this time

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

looks really really good – much better than the blue pig IMO.

I like the SLX double very much (I have one)

BTW. It's the oversized headtube that makes them look so different IMO

supinerider
    Free Member

Couldn't resist either. Shot minutes before I came up short on a double and did my collar bone. Note how it glows magically… 😯

Like look of it better without all the stickers, sorry Brant.

brant
    Free Member

Like look of it better without all the stickers, sorry Brant.

That's ok. If we wanted everyone to have the stickers on, we'd put the stickers on.

The reason we left them off, was so people could leave them off 🙂

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

This is soooooo tempting! Wish i had not just got a new full sus frame!! any demo ones about? 18bikes?

maxray
    Free Member

It's amazing looking.. just gone from ht to but got some wheels and finishing kit waiting so might look into that frame. Dearly loved my baby blue 456 but it got pinched… once the summer ends it would be nice to have a nice ht for the wetter months.

nickc

That chainset is perhaps the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time. Congratulations

ojom
    Free Member

Ooh looking good.

BenjiM

Here's mine posted before but don't like to miss an opportunity 😀

brant
    Free Member

Lots of mmmBops here – http://myragley.com/tag/mmmbop

If yours isn't email us it, and we'll stick it up.

Ta.

fudge9202
    Free Member

supinerider like the adjustable seatpost. how do you find it?

martinxyz
    Free Member

Looks nice and functional. not so keen on the size of the headtube (compared to the sneeky pic of the black santa cruz further up the thread)

good old 1 1/8" non internal just looks right.It doesnt leave me asking whats wrong with a bike at a glance. int headtubes of today arent blending in as well.but if its functional.. then so be it.

trout
    Free Member

I just got back from a weeks riding in the forests of southern Germany on my MMMbop and had a great time Roots / Rocky / muddy loved every minute riding it , Coped with everything this fat Trout could do

geetee1972
    Free Member

What size are you guys riding and how tall are you?

I tested the Ragley Ti the other day (thanks Brant; Nirvana were very helpful) and thought it was a fabulous machine; not perfect but still quite remarkable. The key issue for me was that the 18" felt too tall in the seat tube, althought the toptube length was more or less spot on. I feel I could happily ride the 16" though as it would cure the ST problem without being too short in the TT.

What are other people's thoughts?

fudge9202
    Free Member

Mine is a 16" and I'm 5'10" fits perfect when thrashing through the singletrack and also when climbing.

RealMan
    Free Member

Realman thats rude. Surely you slyly posted hardtail royalty on this thread to make the OP feel jealous?

Other way round, every time I see those mmmbops I just think "Argh I bought the wrong frame.."

Same with evil sovereigns..

supinerider
    Free Member

@fudge9202 The seatpost is great. Can't complain. Gets a lot of use and is very smooth. Only had it a few months so it's a bit early to tell if it'll last but a few others I ride with have been using the 2010 model since they came out and haven't had any problems.

gocycle.de have them for a fair bit less than Superstar if you're after one.

I'm also 5'10" riding a 16". It's a good fit.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Geetee1972, I'm 5'10 and ride a 16" Ragley Ti – fits perfectly (and rides brilliantly) 🙂 I too had a go on an 18" Ragley but found it too tall, another option is the Ridgeline LT if your set on Ti, I demoed one of them aswell and it was very good but still a smidge "tall" feeling. The medium comes in at a 17" seat tube IIRC.

DT78
    Free Member

He we go – some pics taken specailly today. Hopefully images will work

I'm just shy of 6" and riding an 18", feels big but in a good way.

Spec-
    454 uturn pikes
    50mm thomson
    RW burgtec bars
    Hope Tech x2s with ashima rotors
    SLX shifter (absolutely no difference to my xts…)
    XTR short cage rear mech
    MRP 1x
    Stylo cranks with 34t e13 ring
    540 spds
    pro II 5.1 / ex721 with 2.35 NN / RR 11/34 xt cassette (shared with full susser)
    ibeam post & saddle.

Tis around 26-27lb, not bad at all.

hora
    Free Member

Whats with the white bars guys? Is this new etc? I've never really seen white bars before and then over the last week I've noticed a few roadies with them on the Peaks.

spev

White bars, for some it's a fashion thing, I bought em because priceshagger had them for 15quid delivered, I did get a matching stem afterwards though (bay for 19 quid).
    Really for 15 quid I wouldn't care if they were pink.

DT78
    Free Member

I suspose my response is why not white? I needed to get a new set and whites ones turned up first on the classifieds.

All of my bikes in the past have been black/grey/brown/silver with black bits so I fancied having a brightly coloured bike this time round.

fudge9202
    Free Member

DT78 white bars look cool

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Here is my new Ragly mmmbop finally finished’ is closed to new replies.