Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Helpp, needed asap. Regarding Frame/disk problems.
  • brownix
    Free Member

Hey up all you guys.
    I’ve got a minor problem. The disk of my front wheel is somehow rubbing on the post mount lugs on the fork. I have no idea why this is happening, I really don’t think the forks have twisted, but also have no idea how it has happened.
    I took the hub apart to change the bearings so there may be a spacer in the wrong place or something. But I am absolutely stuck. Is there anyway the centerlock disk may be the wrong way round?

The hub is shimano xt
    Disk is shimano centerlock
    Forks are fox f100’s.

Thanks alot for reading.
    Josh

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

sounds like you missasembled the spacers and locknuts on the spindle

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

its hard to say with out a picture. i would take it to a bike shop.

brownix
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure I didn’t, It goes cone, spacer, locknut doesn’t it?

I would have done, but the head mech is gone from the lbs and the rest are absolutely useless…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If it was ok, you stripped the hub and now its not the obvious answer is its something you did. clearance is only a few mm anyway

brownix
    Free Member

Yeah. Thats what i’m guessing also.
    It does go cone, spacer, locknut though, on the non disk side doesn’t it though?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t know brownmix. years since I did a shimano hub

You will probably be able to find an exploded diagram on the nest somewghere –

Just a thought – did you reverse it so undo the non disc side, rebuild it but install the spindle from the other side?

brownix
    Free Member

Hmmmm, i may have…. I will try that.
    Report back tomorrow!
    Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Helpp, needed asap. Regarding Frame/disk problems.’ is closed to new replies.