Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help! – what's the best touchscreen pay as you go phone at the mo'
  • peasnotwar
    Free Member

As the title, urgent present advice needed…..pretty please 😳

peasnotwar
    Free Member

Sorry, forgot to say for less than £100

HTTP404
    Free Member

Nokia 5230.
    3G Symbian phone with internal GPS – so you can download sportracker for free.
    Also comes with free UK satnav mapping from the Nokia site.
    Think its < £100 at the carphone warehouse.

tron
    Free Member

None of them. Nothing below £100 can have the hardware required to make a decent touchscreen phone.

cynic-al
    Free Member

5230 has GPS? Mine didn't.

EDIT: fail, it does

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-5230/specifications

TN
    Free Member

Nokia 5800 XM is a great little phone – touchscreen and I reckon available under £100.
    Has GPS which works pretty well and VERY good for music. Camera is a bit naff but it's a phone, not a camera.
    Can make phone calls on it too. 🙂

I think it's a really good phone.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

dunno what an LG viewty goes for at the moment, or if you can even still get them but mine isn't too shabby?

HTTP404
    Free Member

None of them. Nothing below £100 can have the hardware required to make a decent touchscreen phone.

Resistive touchscreen technology is cheaper.
    The other technology (capacitive) is far nicer to use and found on iPhones – but then again this is a budget phone.

Nokia 5230 is pretty much the same phone as the 5800 albeit with a poor camera and no wi-fi.
    There is also the Nokia 5530 pretty much the same phone as the 5800 albeit with a poor camera no GPS but comes with wi-fi.

peasnotwar
    Free Member

Thanks guys – found a good deal on a 5230 – and i'll get it for the weekend………. phew!

mickasaki
    Free Member

Not my samsung GT-S5560! I hate it. I think i must have funny fingers or something, as i never press what i aim at! Its going as soon as i can offload it on a unsuspecting family member or something!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help! – what's the best touchscreen pay as you go phone at the mo'’ is closed to new replies.