Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help- trying to find a specific wetsuit- Billabong SG5
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Ideally £200 or less- trying to find a Billabong SG5 in medium. 5/4 option, and a chest zip. Not the SGX model. 2011/2012

Would consider a back zip if its cheap- under £180.

Any pointers? No luck via google so far..

Slogo
    Free Member

Find shops stocking billabong wetsuits and call them up.

probably easier then asking a bike forum!

spev

you tried http://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk
    or http://wetsuits.ocean24seven.com
    both usually have some deals on suits, finding anything in a medium is not easy though

skywalker
    Free Member

Billabong wetsuits are shite, much better off with Snug, Xcel, or C-Skins.

spev

I dunno, my Billabong winter suit seems to be just as warm as my Xcel 654 (Billabong own Xcel), fit is paramount though, I tried a C-Skins suit and couldn’t get it to fit snugly, maybe i’m an odd shape though

skywalker
    Free Member

Yeah fit is the most important, I didn’t know they owned Xcel though, was that recent?

spev

dunno when it was, year or two ago I think,they seem to be the Trek of the surfing world having absorbed Nixon, Element, Von Zipper, Palmers and a few others over the last few years

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

XCEL is another option- again, a medium is hard to find in the one I want (Infinti x-zip 2) at the right price!

I actually ordered a SG5 and XCEL but neither were quite right size wise, so trying to find the right size now! The SG5 at least feels good and seems well made- but i’ll maybe look at C-skins too

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

check the fit if you hav’nt worn billabong before, they are a very odd build/size. i’m a perfect rip curl large but a billabong large is all over the place on me.

oh, and one of the shops linked to above i had a nightmare experience with and would not ever buy goods from them again. cheap yes, but if you have a problem with the suit god help you. definitely buy with a credit card for the protection.

jam-bo

Try west wetsuits as well. Well impressed with my summer suit, paper thin and really warm.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help- trying to find a specific wetsuit- Billabong SG5’ is closed to new replies.