Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Help please – Morzine for the non downhiller.
  • lowey

2 of the guys did the Samoens descent, we did Col du Cou instead. They said it was good however.

This was a one off to be honest. I doubt I’ll get the opportunity to go again, but note your comments about guiding.

nickjb
    Free Member

col de la basse all the way down to essert rommand through the woods

anyone got a link/map/gpx? Apologies if it is earlier in the thread, I did scan through and it didn’t pop out at me.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@nickc yes its in this post Linky on Stoners map. Col del la Basse is roughly middle left where the marked trail kinks round left to right – the ride is accessed from Les Gets / Mint Chery Lift / round to Col Ecrenaz then to Col de la Basse. It requires pedalling 😉

Here is a close up of Col Ecrenaz/Basse cross ref to Stoners map (also shows top of Mknt Chery, bikes not allowed on that top section though)

jambalaya
    Free Member

This was a one off to be honest. I doubt I’ll get the opportunity to go again

I’m very glad you had a good time (and for small lart we played in that) and you can always dream, never is a long time 😐

lowey

Nick,

Col del la Basse route here :-

https://www.strava.com/activities/624587831

neil22
    Free Member

Hi Gents,
    Sorry to jump on post I’m off to Les Gets with my son this weekend and I was trying to buy the guide book on page 1 of the post.I can get to the link but can’t seem to buy through that web site and Amazon does not sell the book anymore.
    Any assistance much appreciated,we are only looking at the single track sort stuff ,no DH routes.

Many thanks
    Neil

Ambrose

The guide book is usually available from the lift stations, bike shops may have some too. You can also try the Tourist Information office. Where are you? You can borrow mine if you want, I’m near Swansea.

lowey

neil, the book was on sale at the Super Morzine booking office. I’m in Bolton if you want to borrow it.

Ambrose

Double post, sorry.

neil22
    Free Member

Hi,
    Many thanks both of you ,I will pick one up when I’m out there just wanted to make sure you could get the English ver when actually there.

We live in Devon so don’t worry,thanks for the offer though it’s much appreciated.
    Pics look great 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Neil,

You can def get it from here in town:
    Librairie Passaquin
    https://goo.gl/maps/ebAi4MR1vos

neil22
    Free Member

Many thanks Stoner 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Help please – Morzine for the non downhiller.’ is closed to new replies.