Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • HELP my Deal Extreme lights have stopped working!
  • mrchrist

Hi,

Brought a light from deal extreme last year (HA-III SSC P7-C (SXO) 3-Mode 900-Lumen LED Bike Light Set) and it has stopped working. I have taken it apart and it looks like the red wire have come free somewhere just between the coil & bulb.

I have tried calling round a few place in Leeds and searching on here to see if anybody has had similar problems with no joy.

I am completely useless when it comes to electronics so was wondering if anybody could recomend somebody who could fix them?

Very greatful for any help offered!

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

you need troutie
    search the forum, you’ll find him

Sancho
    Free Member

I’m in Leeds and my soldering skills are getting better all the time, drop by and Ill take a look

curlie467
    Free Member

can any of your mates control a soldering iron?

retro83
    Free Member

Just a heads up in case you were thinking of spending money to repair it, you can buy the SSC or the new XML (T60?) ones for £35 on the site now and they are the improved design ones.

mrchrist

Wow rapid responses, thanks very much.

I start with sancho (as I know where he lives) and go from there.

Cheers All!

curlie467
    Free Member

Mine did the same, the wire came off so my brother stripped them down and re-soldered it, no problem. If you ordered a new one it would take a long time to get here.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Aye, it takes 5 secs with a soldering iron.

Might be getting too hot – reassemble with an extra smear of thermal paste from maplins.

mrchrist

Light is now fixed but the battery is goosed…..

geordiemick00
    Free Member

get what you pay for……

Northwind

Yep, because the batteries never fail in expensive lights 😕

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Yep, because the batteries never fail in expensive lights

one set of hope 4’s still going strong after 2 years of service, four times a week over the winter.

Set of hope 2’s that are just over a year old and i pulled the cable out, sent it back offering payment to fix, sent back FOC.

I’m proud to pay extra for service like that and keeping a load of lancastrians in jobs…

Northwind

geordiemick00 – Member

one set of hope 4’s still going strong after 2 years of service, four times a week over the winter.

The more you use them, the longer they’ll last- it’s disuse and improper storage that kills these batteries more often than not. (not usually the user’s fault, most companies don’t give out useful info on storage)

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I like to keep British people in jobs also. I have a LOT of Hope bits.

But I couldn’t resist the Chinese made lights and have lots, a bikeray, magicshine, sub 66.. and a 3 x XPG magicshine.. and several Chinese battery packs. All have been fine. Only one broken charger out of the lot. One set has been charged and used well over 300 times, yet run time is still near new.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘HELP my Deal Extreme lights have stopped working!’ is closed to new replies.