• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help identify dead cyclist… derbyshire
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Just saw this on bbc..
    Someone must know him.
    RIP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-28670953

trambler

Good call, hope someone realises he’s missing.

MoreCashThanDash

Can we make this a sticky for a couple of days?

Poor guy, and his friends and family.

midlifecrashes

I’ve got a name for that race number, and it corresponds to an individual who lives and works in that area.

Edit: Got name, address and phone number.

shuhockey
    Free Member

BBC has possible name. {Edited}

midlifecrashes

That’s the name I have, wasn’t going to post up so relatives can be traced first. Ceramic artist, retired teacher. Sounds like a lovely man. Great shame. RIP.

annebr
    Free Member

TBH I’m surprised the police couldn’t trace that name. 😕

Even I thought about tracing him via his race numbers this morning. Which TBF may not be him but it’s a good lead.

midlifecrashes

Took me about two minutes to make the connection.

Googled the event, found it was run by Chester Tri Club. Found their website, oldest results no longer held live. Went to google archive on wayback.org, picked a date in November 2002 to get the old website, found the results page and scrolled down to the race number. Then googled the name with Dronfield, Sheffield etc as a cross check to see if it was a plausible match. Quite a few links to the name, I didn’t find a pic though, but if it is him, he’s well known by many.

scrumfled
    Free Member

Im glad to see our publically funded professional police service in action 😉

MoreCashThanDash

Could just be that the public funded Police service have issued the appeal so that a friend or relative can come forward and confirm the outcome of their investigations. 😉

Drac

Exactly that MoreCash.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help identify dead cyclist… derbyshire’ is closed to new replies.