Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Help! Bloody Zbot got me.
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Folks,

Help! BSOD almost every 2 to 3 days now.

1. Scanned with Malwarebyte Anti-Malware Pro came up all clean.
    2. Scanned with Microsoft Security Essential came up all clean.
    3. Unable to boot in Safe Mode. (only able to get into Safe Mode from Mscofig)
    4. Once got into Safe Mode – Malwarebyte has nothing checked on the Enable Protection Module.
    5. With nothing checked on Malwarebyte Protection Module … the scan came up all clean.

But after a major Microsoft Update today suddenly Malwarebyte flashed out a bloody Trojan.Zbot.1. but the screen just froze and I could not quarantine it. That is the only time it caught Zbot and another time it caught something else but the system just went into BSOD …

So could IT savy folks help me out please.

Will total reformatting solve the problem? Last resort I suppose.

😥

funkynick

If you have access to another computer I’d suggest going here and downloading the iso, then burning it onto a CD.

Then, boot that CD and it will run a clean version of Linux with the BitDefender AV software on it… that should be able to do a full system scan without the virus being able to do anything about it!

chewkw
    Free Member

funkynick – Member

If you have access to another computer I’d suggest going here and downloading the iso, then burning it onto a CD.

No, other computer d’oh!

Which one do I download exactly?

funkynick

The one ending in .iso and it should be about 362Mb… so quite large. It’s a CD image which can be burnt directly to CD.

The smaller file in there is a checksum to guarantee the download, but unless you know how to do that it’s not much help, so just ignore that bit!

chewkw
    Free Member

Will reformatting work?

chewkw
    Free Member

funkynick,

Okay, done the Bit Defender ISO CD scan … all clean. 😕

So not sure if this is able to detect Zbot.1?

Yes, I used another clean PC to burn ISO CD.

Anything else I can do as I fear it could be something new?

🙁

chewkw
    Free Member

Okay … update.

Zbot was eliminated by MBAM I think, coz all scans came up clean.

Installed CCleaner to clean out junks but I have a funny feeling that some of the myfaceshite is still lurking.

Updated Intel SSD firmware.

Flashed my mobo BIOS to next level up but one version short of the latest. Might get the latest BIOS later on. Flashing BIOS from ASUS mobo is peanut and very easy.

So far computer stable for the past 3 days. No more BSOD … hopefully.

Oh ya … also updated some drivers … except bloody OKi B4300 printer does not do Win7 64bits driver so used unsigned OKi driver.

Just checked the performance graph and it’s still climbing so not to the max/best performance yet.

Therefore, if you use SSD and keep getting BSOD you need to update your firmware using the tools provided by Intel and while at it might as well update your BIOS or drivers etc.

😀

Brake-neck
    Free Member

I would also run this, its cloud based so always up to date, just choose the free trial.

http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro

chewkw
    Free Member

Brake-neck,

How to uninstall once scan?

It looks like rather difficult to uninstall it once installed. Typical of all software … only tell users to install but not to uninstall …

Cheers

🙂

duckman

Why not keep it installed for the next time http://www.menintights.com horrifies your pc so much it goes to it’s happy place? 😀

Brake-neck
    Free Member

go into program menu and left click, in the drop down it’ll give you an uninstall option 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

Mother of all BSOD!

Last night my entire system crash non stopped for 3 hours. Tried fixing it to no available.

But this afternoon it started to boot up fine again … hmmm

Checked for virus – nothing found.
    Checked HD integrity – all fine.

Question:

1. I have yet to check the RAM but will RAM cause a problem every 2 to 3 days? i.e. like Internet Explore not starting,graphic card software stopped, etc … the whole lot.

2. Or could it be the problem associated with graphic card memory? it’s a £29 card with 512 RAM …

3. Could it be my Intel SSD X-25m 80GB firmware causing the problem.

Damn! Supposed to be a superdoper PC … is a superpooper now.

Mobo is Asus P7P55-M about 6 months old.

I have also updated the BIOS to the latest today while trying to sort out the problems.

Any help?

chewkw
    Free Member

Well, looks like I will be reformatting my SSD … bloody Win7 & Intel SSD.

The solution might be this.

Fix: How to resolve Intel X25m G2 SSD …

sharkbait
    Free Member

This is one of the reasons why I’m installing OS X on the PCs in our house….. pretty much virus free browsing for the kids.

allthepies
    Free Member

pretty much virus free browsing for the kids.

I would imagine choowkoo’s issues are hardware, not virus related.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Help! Bloody Zbot got me.’ is closed to new replies.