• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by danbo.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Helmet mounting a Solar storm X2.
  • Wally

What can I do that is better than my grip and zip ties. It wanders around too much.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Mine came with an elasticated helmet mount. They are on ebay pretty cheap

matty456
    Free Member

Here is my solution using gopro mounts. [/url]Gopro Cree X2 Solar Storm Mount by Matt The Hat 71, on Flickr[/img]

jedf9
    Free Member

I use one of these, holds securely and doesn’t move while riding.

jonba
    Free Member

I used an eraser, gut to shape and a long O ring to go round part of the helmet. The rubber stopped it slipping but kept it at the same angle. I did have a lot of odd shaped rubbers in my drawer at work for a while though.

fudge9202
    Free Member
    reedspeed
    Free Member
    downhilldave

Modified GoPro too.

One from the side too.

Painey
    Free Member

I’ve just put mine straight on top of my Specialized Vice helmet and used the o-ring to hold it in place around one of the “bridges” between vents along the centre of the top. Might not be the best explanation and I don’t have any pics handy. But, it stays in place and is very low profile, so I don’t smack it on low branches that I haven’t seen.

markshires
    Free Member

Might sound like a daft question, but how is anyone using the elasticated straps listed above with a helmet, i got some with mine but can’t work out how to securely use it and be in the right position.

z1ppy

Has no one created a reasonable low profile mount, as most of those ^^^ and the std mount would mean I’d lose my light under low branches.
    Thought I might be able to using the Bell go pro mount.

flatpat
    Free Member

markshires, I removed the straps and zip-tied the plastic mount to my helmet.

Like z1ppy, I used to use the elastic band directly to the helmet but my new helmet wasn’t the right size.

markshires
    Free Member

Thanks flatpat,

That is what I was thinking of doing, but thought I must have been missing something with the elastic straps.

danbo
    Free Member

Strong velcro does the job. Never had an issue with mine

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Helmet mounting a Solar storm X2.’ is closed to new replies.