Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Helmet lights that fit a go pro mount
  • hopster
    Free Member

Does anyone make a helmet light that fits a go pro mount? I can’t seem to find any info online for one of is there a great bodge (sorry home customisation) available to get one to fit?

jam1e
    Free Member

Knog do one, looks like you could use just the light and not the GoPro.

Knog

hopster
    Free Member

I’ve seen that. Would prefer a dedicated light as I don’t have a go pro. Some one must make one???

downhilldave

I made one for my Urge helmet.Started with one of these which came with my Gopro so was free. The lower curved part.

A little bit of Diy later I got this.

Took a little while to get the angle sorted so it pointed where I wanted it.But I think it’s a neat solution that you can remove very easily. 😆

hopster
    Free Member

Now that’s more like it.

Northwind

I did something similiar- unscrewed the flat “foot” part from one of those tall gopro mounts, then made a wee wedge to correct the angle (out of a clothespeg- yet to go on fire) and stuck ’em all together, with a longer bolt through the middle for strength. No adjustment but it’s very low profile which helps stop the helmet moving around

If you want full adjustment there’s a couple of options, the only one I’ve done was to combine a gopro mount and a bit of old handlebar, then fit the light using the handlebar mount. But it’s a wee bit tall.

hopster
    Free Member

Wow that looks perfect. Really 2000 lumens from that tiny light. Seems like a good price if its true.

cookeaa

I like that, I think I might just steal the idea cheers, ebay has cheap Go-Pro mount’s and adaptors galore for you to choose from…

MSP

I suspect that the 2000 lumen figures are either incorrect or complete bullshit, but that it would probably compete in the exposure joystick range of power in reality. But it does have a replaceable battery which is good.

They also do another light which has an external batt pack.

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/head-torches/mytinysun-head-1000-pro-1000-lumens-lightweight-high-power-head-torch-made-in-germany.html

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I got mine to fit with a nice home solution. That is, home solution if you have CAD and access to a 3D printer! Cut and shut – GoPro bottom half, Ayup top half 😉

Northwind

MSP – Member

I suspect that the 2000 lumen figures are either incorrect or complete bullshit, but that it would probably compete in the exposure joystick range of power in reality. But it does have a replaceable battery which is good.

I see they’re claiming it as “nominal” which does usually mean “made up” but the numbers are… well, maybe optimistic but not insane, especially considering the short burn time. Excellently ugly, too.

hopster
    Free Member

Nicely done gravity-slave.

downhilldave

gravity-slave, very nice. :mrgreen:

piesoup
    Free Member

got mine to fit with a nice home solution. That is, home solution if you have CAD and access to a 3D printer! Cut and shut – GoPro bottom half, Ayup top half

Same here! Let me know what you need Hopster, and I can make a light mount to fit a gopro mount. I made a 1200Lm light and added a 3d printed gopro mount. Very stable on the bars or head

hopster
    Free Member

Ideally something like this on a go pro mount would be my preference.
    Gloworm.

Can someone with a 3d printer create a mount?

BoardinBob

You could just sugru one of these to the bottom of a light then it can be attached to a go pro mount

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GoPro-GTRA30-Tripod-Mount/dp/B002RCLYXG

hopster
    Free Member

That’s a possibility as well. Would prefer something that’s bolt together than glued though.

piesoup
    Free Member

hopster – Member

Ideally something like this on a go pro mount would be my preference.
    Gloworm.

Can someone with a 3d printer create a mount?

Did you just email me Hopster? If not, I can make 3d printed mounts, just need the drawings and exact dims.

shuhockey
    Free Member
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Helmet lights that fit a go pro mount’ is closed to new replies.