• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Heaven of the South , roll call
  • sofaking
    Free Member

who’s going then ?
    should be there Friday early evening all being well, riding a ss for the 1st time in about 4/5 weeks so will be very slow or walking

singlespeedstu

Raises hand.

drain

Yup, I’ll be there again – meeting a mate there to get some planning in for the Welsh Ride Thing.

Weather looks like it’ll be a bit different from last year! Still to decide what bike to take but it’ll have gears 😉

thekingofsweden

Hand up too

Should leave home around 6.30 should arrive around 6.45 depeding on traffic !

hh45
    Free Member

Just booked up for four of us. Hope to drink a lot of beer.

singlespeedstu

Should leave home around 6.30 should arrive around 6.45 depeding on traffic !

You going the long way round then.

thekingofsweden

🙂 I may use the minor roads to add a little bit of adventure !

hugor
    Free Member

Whats the weather looking like? Did it last year and loved it. My only advice wold be to have your lower legs covered. The fields of nettles were a surprise for me last year. 🙂

Colin-T

I’ll be there again.
    Really looking forward to it.

Lest
    Free Member

Linky?
    Where is this?

sofaking
    Free Member
    trickydisco
    Free Member

anyone know if ssjeff is going?

heard he was going to rinse it on his singlespeed

sofaking
    Free Member

I heard he was going for the win as he has been training hard for this event

thekingofsweden

I heard he hates nettle rash unless its on his bottom ……bracket !

Although i don’t remember there being a nettle epedemic last year ?

I haven’t been out over the course but the trails within 5 miles are holding up very well and its rockier over there so i reckon it will be fine

singlespeedstu

I hear ssjeff won the drinking contest, the 50k and the 75k.

He didn’t bother with the roller racing though as there was no one there worthy of him putting his isotonic sports cider down for.

He’s AWSUM.

southcoastsprints
    Free Member

we had a great night…again…nice beer for sure…

we’ll have photos and times of the roller racing up on our website very soon, ther are some very funny race faces…

ssjeff
    Free Member

@southcoastsprints

Good fun Saturday night but why no fastest 16 knockout competition at your event ?

Great event tho reckon i got in the top 227 ? On the outdoor ride anyway 🙂

southcoastsprints
    Free Member

SSJeff, well last year we struggled to find people later on in the evening, probably as we were outside and it was cold, so this year we just went with a leaderboard…

However, as we were indoors we should probably have at least run a top 8…next year I think we will definately do that and hopefully have a few more racers who have not been distracted by a football match !!

jimw
    Free Member

A few of us had also had a bit of beer.

The times are now up on the website although there are some small inaccuracies, mine included- they have added three hours to my time!

Still, it isn’t a race and it is a great event, lovely route, well organised for a good cause, good food and beer at the end, friendly and efficient marshalling. Definitely on my list for next year

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Heaven of the South , roll call’ is closed to new replies.