Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • headset reducer crown??
  • jimmy-s3
    Free Member

Does anyone know where i can buy a headset crown reducer for a FSA GRAVITY headset?
    Im wanting to use my 1 1/8th forks on my new frame which has a tapered headtube and has come with a brandnew FSA GRAVITY headset…
    Cheers in advance

matthew_h
    Free Member

Hope sell a crown race reducer that works perfectly. Use the 1.5″ crown race from your headset over the top of the Hope reducer

alfabus
    Free Member

Hope sell a crown race reducer that works perfectly. Use the 1.5″ crown race from your headset over the top of the Hope reducer

+1, I’ve just done exactly that.

Dave

mikey.b
    Free Member

I was told by windwave that the part no for a reducer crownrace to suit gravity dx pro is 160-5464.
    Have just ordered one from ukbikestore and am keeping my fingers crossed 😆

burt
    Free Member

HOPE HS136 is the part you want
    [/url] IMG_1027 by keith280764, on Flickr[/img]
    heres mine in action

jimmy-s3
    Free Member

Bit confused now…
    Burt,that looks like you have changed the lower cup?
    Im just wanting to find a crown race to fit my 1 1/8 forks to my FSA GRAVITY DX PRO 1.5 lower headset..i can find anywhere that stocks them??

peasant
    Free Member

Jimmy that wouldn,t be the tomac frame would it? mine arrived today and i have same issue

jimmy-s3
    Free Member

Good guess!

jimmy-s3
    Free Member

Do you know what diameter the front mech is on the tomac supermatic 120, peasant?

peasant
    Free Member

Jimmy, afraid not i brought the snyper

jimmy-s3
    Free Member

ok, no probs!

burt
    Free Member

that is a 1.5 lower cup with 1 1/8 fork steerer. mine came with a gravity dx, changed the bottom cup for hope setup.

jimmy-s3
    Free Member

Ok i get it..
    Will a HOPE crown reducer sit ok(will it have the same angle profile) under a FSA 1.5 crown race then?

coatesy
    Free Member

It’s basically a top hat shape, sized to fit onto your 1 1/8″ fork crown, with an outside diameter sized to take your 1.5″ crown race.Your headset will, effectively, see a 1.5″ tapered fork when it’s fitted.

whytetrash

New supermatic here with 1 1/8″ steerer too…which solution worked guys?

mikey.b
    Free Member

New supermatic here with 1 1/8″ steerer too…which solution worked guys?

Mine 😀 Arrived in post this morning. Went for an automatic just stripping my Kona at the moment.

jimmy-s3
    Free Member

The hope reducer turned up in the post this morning…but my FSA race crown doesnt fit over the hope reducer? it seems like it needs about 1mm off the diameter. Has anyone else had this? is it worth putting a split in the FSA crown race??

BTW. I cannot wait to get my SUPERMATIC built up…

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Your fsa crown race should be a push fit onto the hope part. The hope reducer should have a diameter the same as a 1.5″ steerer…

jimmy-s3
    Free Member

I think its just a bit tight to be honest, im going to emery cloth it a bit to try and make it easier to slide over!

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I think there is a whole reduced headset for sale in Classifieds. HTH

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘headset reducer crown??’ is closed to new replies.