• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • HD vid n00b – Mac/iMovie & Panasonic HD camera?
  • Eccles
    Free Member

Can anyone help in words a technological simpleton might be able to grasp? I’ve got a Mac with iMovie HD (6.0.3, if that’s relevant) and recently a Panasonic TZ7 that can take HD movies. It seems only right, that being the case, that I should go to a photogenic local trail and endeavour to make a nice wee sequence of me hurting myself on it, real bad.

That’s your motivation to help – Schadenfreude. So – my idiot questions are:

1. AVCHDlite vs HD motion JPEG: which is the best as the source for iMovie? I’m thinking the latter because;

2. Motion JPEG is the full 1080 HD whereas AVCDHDlite is the 720 wussy HD, yes?

3 The camera tells me that AVCHDBBCITVlite is “best for viewing on a TV” whereas M JPEG is “best for a computer or the internets”. Given that my telly kicks arse, I’m not sure that this is absolutely the case, but presumably once I’ve sliced and diced in iMovie and whacked it onto a USB to play on the telly it will not make a jot of difference anyway?

I’ve tried macrumours et al, but they don’t mention hammers, grease & brute force at all – it’s all way over my head. Can anyone help me release my inner nerd? Ta

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘HD vid n00b – Mac/iMovie & Panasonic HD camera?’ is closed to new replies.