Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Having an argument on facebook about car parking and damage to cars!!
  • grahamh
    Free Member

Call the police saying that the said car contains a suspicious looking package.
    The bomb squad will come along and hopefully blow up the offending car.

jekkyl

What the hell is she on about? A cardboard box wouldn’t mark a car.

gwaelod
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member
    What the hell is she on about? A cardboard box wouldn’t mark a car.

what if she ziptied it to the catylitic convertor?

IanW
    Free Member

Parking on pavements particularly pi**es me off, not just because its inconsiderate but because its really stupid.

Theres no logical reason, the roads often still aren’t wide enough for two cars to pass if you park completely across the pavement so why park a bit on it? You just increase the risk of getting damaged by someone try to squeeze a buggy past without reducing the risk of getting it struck by a passing car.

People just use the pavement as an extension of their property without consideration of anyone who may want to do that strange thing of actually walking to get somewhere.

I have a drive that I could park half a dozen cars on but still park fully on the road most of the time, it slows passing traffic and no one has knocked a mirror of in the last 10 years of parking this way and I get more private space as garden.

More power to the cornflake army, go girl.

Peyote
    Free Member

Agree competely with Ian. If you park on the pavement rather than parking somewhere you can without inconveniencing others, then tough sh*t if your car gets damaged, deliberately or otherwise. The pavements aren’t designed to take the weight of cars they’re there for pedestrians and similar to use.

Its selfish, arrogant and there is no excuse. Park on the road, or park in a space further away, don’t be a tw*t.

Hadge
    Free Member

Joking aside, claiming what she did on Facebook isn’t bright but she wanted her 5 minutes of fame I guess. If I want “revenge” on someone then I’d do it and say nothing, I’ve no qualms about that and if they deserve it that’s fine by me.
    Where I live there’s a main road where residents who have quite large drives leave their cars on the pavement and they do block it completely at times and anyone with a pushchair, wheelchair wouldn’t be able get past whatsoever and I hope someone does damage their cars as they’re completely pig ignorant of their parking and what they force pedestrians to do. Even worse when it rains the cars going past absolutely soak anyone walking as the drains in the roads are all blocked so nothing drains away. I’m sure the car owners will be reported soon as it’s getting worse.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I put a scratch in someone’s car by accident, after they decided it was a car path as opposed to a footpath. I had both my sons in the pram at the time, so I was buggered if I was going in the road. I felt a tiny bit guilty at the time (soon passed though). It does really grind my gears that people are that inconsiderate. The worst ones are those who have a massive drive then do this???

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its like getting a list of those who dont live in terraced houses 😉 There is no other space for the cars unless they parked a few miles away as everywhere has no space for all the **** cars we have everywhere.

Its annoying, many things are but there is no actual solution beyond fewer cars, which is most unlikely
    If you get cross by this you are going to get cross a lot.

grum
    Free Member

There was a ginnel out the back of my old house the way I had to take by bike out – people used to park on a bit of waste ground at the end of it completely blocking the way out.

It was actually quite hard to get the bike out without touching the cars – and I must say I didn’t feel like making a massive effort to (don’t think I ever actually scratched them though).

Still don’t see how a cereal box would scratch a car though.

andyl
    Free Member

you lost me at “Having an argument on facebook”

project
    Free Member

Would like to say a huge sorry for the car I dragged my huge corn flake box along the side of….but if you want to park on the path with no consideration of pushchairs or any other pedestrian then hard poo!!! Cause it was either that or I risk walking my son in the road…obviously the corn flake box won xxxx”

So she is a cereal car scratcher,then,and for clarity could you ask her if it was a Kellogs cornflakes box, or a supermarket own brand, as Kelogs dont make cornflakes for other companies.

CountZero

Anyone parking in such a way as to block a footpath deserves whatever happens to their car. I found a car parked right in the middle of a bridleway, where it passes a cottage at a junction. There was only enough room to squeeze past if you were on foot, so if, like me, you were riding a bike, it was almost impossible. I felt no remorse for having left a gouge right along the side from the knurled alloy bar-end caps. 😈
    How on earth anyone would have got past with a horse I’ve no idea!

Peyote
    Free Member

There is no other space for the cars unless they parked a few miles away as everywhere has no space for all the **** cars we have everywhere.

Walk a few miles then, bunch of lazy g*ts! Or use a car club, or hire a car or share one with your neighbours. I’ve yet to come across a situation where there isn’t a car parking space within walking distance of someones home/work, so the few miles thing I call b*ll*cks on!

Its annoying, many things are but there is no actual solution beyond fewer cars, which is most unlikely
    If you get cross by this you are going to get cross a lot.

I get cross a lot! I hate car culture and the obsession in this country with the bl**dy things. They’re a really useful and great and all that, but for f*cks sake people, use them properly, not as an excuse not to use your legs or your bike!

yunki
    Free Member

hmmm…

I’m faintly bemused by most things that I see posted on STW by people having a whinge or a rant, but this one might just get under my skin..

The people in the houses down the way from me all do this, preferring their drives to be filled with hundreds of flowers and plants in tubs and pots..

I’ve never actually given a flying ****.. I walk my kids along there most days to get to nursery etc..
    I happily navigate the pushchair around the cars by going into the road, and always make sure that my eldest doesn’t hit the cars with his scooter..
    I’ve never paid it a second thought, but having read this thread I may start getting in a mood about it.. 😕

Bregante

Hope it wasn’t on CCTV for her sake.

She could end up doing Porridge.

IGMC

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’ve yet to come across a situation where there isn’t a car parking space within walking distance of someones home/work, so the few miles thing I call b*ll*cks on!

In fairness it would be about 800m away as this is the only part that is not residents parking only in the area.

As for walk a huge distance to your car – whilst I have it is unlikely you will persuade the populus of this even with criminal damage.

TBh the main problems of society are folk not thinking of others

In this case it seems that is what both sides are doing.

Think only of yourself eh whether the car driver or the pedestrian – dont share the space and accept it is crowded in places etc

BobaFatt
    Free Member

“I openly admitted on Facebook to damaging someone’s car and now all my equally sycophantic mumsnet cronies are giving me virtual high-fives because I’m in the right and it could be a childs face next time……although I have admitted to a crime on a social network, but still, I’m a mum so clearly in the right”

🙄

jekkyl

Am I missing something here, is cornflake box a nick name for a type of buggy or something. Is that woman completely dense that she thinks cardboard would scratch car paintwork?

TheWrongTrousers

She should have gone with Special K, she’d have got through the gap then ….

ebygomm
    Free Member

Round here someone slashed the tyres of every car parked partly on the pavement in a few different locations (about 40 cars total). They all still park partly on the pavement.

nealglover
    Free Member

She should have gone with Special K, she’d have got through the gap then ….

And we have a winner.

Thanks for playing everyone 🙂

epicyclo

I know a lad in Oz who is pretty nifty on a trials bike.

Any cars in the bike path are regarded as legitimate obstacles…

Can’t say I find it in me to summon up any sympathy for them.

daveky
    Free Member

Is she on tax credits? So many parents these days don’t seem to be able to stand on their own two feet.

wwaswas

daveky – finding any old thread that mentions benefits and trying to inflame things by resurrecting isn’t good trolling technique.

You need to make it look much more spontaneous, spend time building up your person as ‘right winger down on benefits scroungers and single mums’ etc.

What you’re doing now just looks like attention seeking.

You could at least got a ‘I hope it was a Tesco’s Value Box, not Kellogs’ reference in there.

hth.

retro83
    Free Member

IanW – Member

Parking on pavements particularly pi**es me off, not just because its inconsiderate but because its really stupid.

Theres no logical reason, the roads often still aren’t wide enough for two cars to pass if you park completely across the pavement so why park a bit on it? You just increase the risk of getting damaged by someone try to squeeze a buggy past without reducing the risk of getting it struck by a passing car.

People just use the pavement as an extension of their property without consideration of anyone who may want to do that strange thing of actually walking to get somewhere.

I have a drive that I could park half a dozen cars on but still park fully on the road most of the time, it slows passing traffic and no one has knocked a mirror of in the last 10 years of parking this way and I get more private space as garden.

More power to the cornflake army, go girl.

The logical reason is that then somebody can park on the opposite side of the road but cars can still pass, doubling the amount of parking space on the street.

Bit rich also to be calling others inconsiderate when you have a drive ‘that you could park half a dozen cars on’ yet choose to park on the road, causing others inconvenience.

MadPierre

In my experience mothers with children/pushchairs etc don’t give a f*ck for anyone else’s car wherever they are parked!

I witnessed the smacking of a door into my car whilst one was unloading the sprogs despite us both being properly parked in a car park!

…and you can’t win an argument with anyone that has kids if you don’t have them yourself (google the Ed Byrne stand up routine on this).

senorj

inconsiderate parking makes me snap crackle & pop.

richmtb

for Mr second login up there ^^^

To be fair pavement parking is the norm in a lot of other parts of Europe.

So this proves that the car owners were almost certainly immigrants so got what was coming to them

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I’ve yet to come across a situation where there isn’t a car parking space within walking distance of someones home/work

Depends on your definition of walking distance I suppose but I reckon some areas of Huddersfield you could have to walk a mile or two. Lindley, for instance, has permit parking where there are wide enough roads and a free for all every where else. The hospital is there so even greater pressure for parking as the hospital car park is well over capacity for both staff and visitors.

Just a consequence of people living in long rows of terraced houses on narrow lanes that were not designed with cars in mind.

Some roads I encounter on my rounds have cars parked at both sides on the pavements with barely a gap through the middle for one car let alone two. Some I know I won’t get through in the Transit and I avoid.

Will need to either ban cars or pull all the houses down and rebuild with parking spaces.

bigyinn
    Free Member

daveky – Member

Is she on tax credits? So many parents these days don’t seem to be able to stand on their own two feet.
    You are a nasty little troll aren’t you?
    What relevance is your comment anyway? Are you suggesting she was only walking because she can’t afford a car?

Anyway, why is she taking it out on the car, it didn’t self park, so she should be battering the owner with the box.

Peyote
    Free Member

Depends on your definition of walking distance I suppose but I reckon some areas of Huddersfield you could have to walk a mile or two.

Of course for many people these days walking distance is less than 50m, probably due to their car use: viscious circle!

RE: Lindley – Fair do’s then, my experience is limited to the Midlands, South West and South East, never been to Huddersfield.

The rest of your post is spot on, we have a transport network that cannot cope with the demands being placed on it, particularly in urban areas. The cheapest solution is to limit car use, levelling swathes of urban areas is going to be a bit more difficult I would think!

iolo
    Free Member

I always park my 6 year old Range Rover on the footpath.
    I don’t want cars hitting it. Pushchais have wheels so you can go around on the road if you have to.

Edric64
    Free Member

Which will be more off roading than most Rangerovers see !

buzz1024
    Free Member

oooo! – I love parking rants 😀
    parking on the pavement without leaving enough room for a buggy or wheelchair to pass should carry the death penalty.
    My neighbours crack me up – everyone has a driveway and a garage – why do they all clog up the visitor spaces and leave their driveways empty?
    and then get all humpty when one of my visitors parks in “their” space which is actually a visitor space.
    I used to live at the end of a narrow dead end street near a cinema and would often find myself blocked in by idiots parking on both sides of the street. It didn’t bother me one bit that when squeezing my way out that the bull bar on my large eco unfriendly 4×4 managed to remove most of their wing mirrors 😆 (awaits flaming for owning a gas guzzling 4×4 and living in a city)
    my attitude is that if anyone parks like an inconsiderate twunt then they’re car is fair game – too many selfish idiots on this island.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Having an argument on facebook about car parking and damage to cars!!’ is closed to new replies.