Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Have we done the 29er El Gaupo yet?
  • campfreddie
    Free Member

http://www.planet-x-usa.com/product-p/frtitelg29.htm

So when do we get it this side of the pond?

Clink

I saw tat on mtbr – wondered why not over here?

Bazz

I was hoping they were going to shelve this in favour of a re-designed 650b model instead, i mean who wants to buy a bike with wheels any other size?

rOcKeTdOg

Are they ok to use in Finland?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Frames are hand welded, checked, aligned and finished under our careful checking QC system to ensure quality.

Don’t tell Shibboleth

nuke

Few details would be useful like geometry and travel (150mm?). Be interesting to see how it compares with the Codeine

Why do they bother with the faux list price? 🙄

brant
    Free Member

Geometry (apologies for formatting)

Size S M L
    Seat Tube 411 457 508
    Effective Top Tube 580 600 625
    Front Centre 699 720 745
    Head Angle 68 68 68
    Seat Angle 74.5 74.5 74.5
    Chainstay length 458 458 458
    BB Drop 25.4 25.4 25.4
    Headtube Length 101 101 115
    Seat Clamp Size 34.9 34.9 34.9
    Shock Size 190×51 190×51 190×51
    BB Type BSA 73mm BSA 73mm BSA 73mm
    ISCG05

Travel is 130mm rear, 140mm front.

brant
    Free Member

Few details would be useful like geometry and travel (150mm?). Be interesting to see how it compares with the Codeine

Why do they bother with the faux list price?

Codeine is slacker and lower. Similar travel. Chainstays are shorter on the Codeine, but you can get a front mech on a ElG29.

Weightwise, it’s pretty similar.

campfreddie
    Free Member

Can you do it in bright pink please?

brant
    Free Member

So when do we get it this side of the pond?

Ours landed today.

brant
    Free Member

Can you do it in bright pink please?

They do say the customer is always right, but in this case, it’s a no, for now.

campfreddie
    Free Member

Bah… Didn’t want one anyway…. 29ers are sooooooooooooooo last year

(just finishing my 29er build this weekend)

nuke

Codeine for me still…to get the right TT with the el guapo 29er I need a medium but then I can’t run a decent length dropper as the seattube will be too long. Plus I like the Codeine’s shorter chainstays.

Any news on the Codeine’s arrival? Raw 16″ please 🙂

campfreddie
    Free Member

When are On One going to do an penny farthing?

brant
    Free Member

Codeine for me still…to get the right TT with the el guapo 29er I need a medium

I will put up the reach and stack dimensions. Maybe when I’m not full of wine. That 74.5deg seat angle does change things a bit so it’s not *all* about TT length.

luke1688

Any news when the codeine will be here brant? Very interested in the xo1/pike build!

brant
    Free Member

Any news when the codeine will be here brant? Very interested in the xo1/pike build!

Our agents are saying that our factory is saying April 20th, all sizes, all colours, finished, in boxes, ready to ship.

I am unhappy about this.

I am pushing for an earlier finish date, for a limited number (say, just to get white 18in ones here) but I don’t know if we can do that.

I’m off to Taiwan on Monday for the week, for the Taipei show, and will be meeting the factory and our gang there. So we’ll see.

I guess that now means mid-May. Ugh. Taken AGES this one. Thank goodness I now have two Solidworks lads on the case in Rotherham Sheffield to speed things up. If I can get over my obsession with chainstay bend and get things moving faster.

So – MID MAY.

Preorder from when they are 30 days out, I guess.

nuke

So – MID MAY.

Given I’m sure I’d read Jan/Feb on either FB/TW/STW, that is rather disappointing news 🙁

brant
    Free Member

I’d rather have it here right, than early.

But yeah. It’s taken too long, and it’s a shame, but they are fantastic, and the weather will be lovely by then.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve already spent all the money from selling my Yelli that I put aside for a codeine on penny sweets and the beano.Should at least give me time to save up all over again.Will have only been waiting 6 1/2months with no trail bike if it arrives 🙁

leythervegas
    Free Member

You could at least tease us a bit with some more pics Brant…..

julioflo
    Free Member

And while Brant is around and full of wine, what is the Parkwood HT that has been subliminally mentioned…

brant
    Free Member

Travel is 130mm rear, 140mm front.

No it’s not. It’s 139.9mm rear and 140 front.

brant
    Free Member

julioflo – Member
    And while Brant is around and full of wine, what is the Parkwood HT that has been subliminally mentioned…
    POSTED 9 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

A fun new 29in wheeled hardtail. Kind of an alloy version of the Titus Ti Fireline but at a smashing price.

stayhigh

Parkwood pics & prices bg any chance?

zigzag69
    Free Member

Parkwood = 29+ capable by any chance?

julioflo
    Free Member

Brant – thanks for the snippet of info regarding Parkwood. If it is Fireline styley regarding geo and riding approach, but alu and price of the old Scandal….then probably on for one of those this summer then. My only complaint with my Scandal has been length of it’s back end.

campfreddie
    Free Member

I quite like having a bit of length in my back end…. Makes the ride a more fulfilling sensation.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Makes the tail come alive?

Bazz

Hey Brant, is there any plans for a On one/Titus 650b full sus? My wallet will be staying secured until there is! 😆

brant
    Free Member

Bazz – Member
    Hey Brant, is there any plans for a On one/Titus 650b full sus? My wallet will be staying secured until there is!
    POSTED 18 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

We have a codeine650 and another 650 FS sample doing the rounds right now.

brant
    Free Member

zigzag69 – Member
    Parkwood = 29+ capable by any chance?
    POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Maybe without an FD. not sure. Not checked.

Bazz

We have a codeine650 and another 650 FS sample doing the rounds right now.

Best get saving then, i may have just found my 40th birthday present to myself 😀

adharvey
    Free Member

I think you should prioritise the 20″ raw codeine instead of the white 18″.

Seriously, how would the ride be different between the el guapo and the codeine?

adharvey
    Free Member

And; how do the cables run?

zx1200r
    Free Member

Just sorted the finance so hopefully they’ll be letting you know my blue build pre-order is a go. I assume the deal you got from sram means Hope brakes are not an option otherwise love the build and I have to say I have no experience with Avids, I just like those Hope tech3 E4 beauties. I’ve tried 2-29ers, the Tallboy and gyro, both were more agile than I expected but pedal bashing on the Tallboy was a pain does the Codeine ride a touch higher?

zx1200r
    Free Member

Codeine looks fun 😀

shaggy

I really enjoyed riding one of the prototype EG29ers. Storming fast.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Have we done the 29er El Gaupo yet?’ is closed to new replies.