Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Have we done Aliens disabling US and UK nukes?
  • GrahamS

completely obvious that we are being spied upon by aliens all the time and that they are just waiting till we are sufficiently advanced to make contact. If you don’t believe that you must be some sort of idiot.

Erm… that’s non sequitur logic at it’s finest.

You can be completely accepting of the high probability of alien life, as I am, without thinking they are all hiding behind Venus, waiting for us with a big “Well Done Earthlings” sign and some space balloons.

If they do exist, they’d still need to:
    A) find us somehow, because we’re quite small on the grand scale of things
    B) get here from potentially millions of light years away
    C) be interested enough in us to make the trip!

hora
    Free Member

Maybe we are like the dull dinner party hosts.

They came, saw and thought we really werent worth bothering being in contact with again?

MSP

The little green ones are our friends, its the tall silver ones you have to watch out for, evil bastards!

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Am quite enjoying this as my website is called imnotthealien 🙂

I know somebody who I am pretty sure is an alien, hence the webname …in reality I can see where Tormalis is coming from. Odds have to be that there is other planetary life, who can say how advanced & if it has found us yet. We are radiataing plenty of stuff though so as long as they know which plain and frequency range to look in they’ll find us or vica versa at some point.

Will the Human Race last that long?

Torminalis
    Free Member

The innevitable consequence of making science up I am afraid. Which I did.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“intelligent life traveling the vast distances to our world, would do it for the same reasons we would”

Seems an odd assumption to me. I would not care to anticipate the thoughts of an alien. Or a woman, for that matter.

“Odds have to be that there is other planetary life”

It’s the 0, 1 or many problem. Either there is just 1 (us) or there are many. Highly unlikely that there are only 2 biologies/ecologies in the universe. Although that’s a good premise for a scifi book.

Torminalis
    Free Member

IanMunro
    Free Member

I went to Norwich town centre once.
    You don’t doubt extraterrestrials after something like that.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Imagine all those stars: it seems unlikely and immensely arrogant to assume that our Sun is the only one with any life orbiting it.

That’s if it all really exists… we might all be in a dream, or in a machine as in the Matrix. All those so-called ‘stars’ may be a computer simulation, or a light show on the walls of the prison.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IMo the most likely is there are aliens and we are too dull for them to bother with

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Haver we done Drake equation and teh Fermi Paradox yet?

Teh zoo hypothesis is plausible I believe

RealMan
    Free Member

The universe is infinite and there are an infinite amount of stars,

No it isn’t, and no there aren’t.

There is life on other planets. Most likely it will just be bacteria type forms though.

Statistics suggest that there should be tons of alien encounter stories, and in practice there are tons of alien encounter stories. This is known as Fermi’s Lack-of-a-Paradox.

richwales

Aliens (greys) are the next stage in human evolution. They are time travellers from the future. It was on discovery channel. It didn’t explain why they were fascinated with our a* ses though.

kaesae
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

completely obvious that we are being spied upon by aliens all the time and that they are just waiting till we are sufficiently advanced to make contact. If you don’t believe that you must be some sort of idiot.

You can be completely accepting of the high probability of alien life, as I am, without thinking they are all hiding behind Venus, waiting for us with a big “Well Done Earthlings” sign and some space balloons.

If they do exist, they’d still need to:
    A) find us somehow, because we’re quite small on the grand scale of things
    B) get here from potentially millions of light years away
    C) be interested enough in us to make the trip!

A) Since we keep sending out radio signals and detonating large nuclear thingamybobs, there will be some kind of effect that is detectible in space.

2) All of matter is simply electromagnetic fields in different forms, so another electromagnetic field that displaces time or allowes a craft to remain impervious to gravitational eddies would do it. How far have we come in 2000 years and how far could a species that isn’t drunk, stoned or high as **** knows what, or idiotic even obsessed with assholes, tits and c0cks get in a few million. Humanity has spent hundreds of years chasing it’s own tail. I doubt if there is a thicker more deluded race out there! Why would they come? to laugh until their sides hurt at a race obsessed with useless idiocy.

Lastly)why do we study ants or stars or even music, why do we study anything? TO LEARN!!!

RealMan
    Free Member

They are time travellers from the future.

Interesting to think that, assuming their home planet is very far away, and also assuming they will have some means of travel that is rather quick to cover that distance, due to relativity they will actually be from the past should they ever reach us.

Read a very good book by Joe Haldeman called Peace and War (its actually 3 books). The first two books are all about a war between humans and an alien species called the Taurans. Because all the battles took part on different planets that were strategically important rather then the home planets (which would have just been nuked had they been discovered by the enemy), the travelling to those planets meant that sometimes you would meet an enemy who knew very little about you, from a time when the war had been going on a few months, to other times you would meet an enemy who had come from a time several years into the war, and could destroy you easily.

Since we keep sending out radio signals and detonating large nuclear thingamybobs, there will be some kind of effect that is detectible in space.

Space is very large, I think anyone actually receiving those signals has a very small probability, unless they knew where and how to look for them already.

GrahamS

RealMan makes the point well. We only started sending out radio fairly recently. Soon we’ll stop. It’s an odd thing for an alien race to look for even if they could detect it amongst the background noise.

All of matter is simply electromagnetic fields in different forms, so another electromagnetic field that displaces time or allowes a craft to remain impervious to gravitational eddies would do it.

Yes there are plenty of fantastical imaginings possible that solve the small problem of travelling hundreds of light years, but there is also the very real possibility that there are certain fundamental limits in the universe which simply cannot be overcome regardless of how advanced our/their technology gets. As a very wise Scottish philosopher once said: “Ye cannae change the laws of physics Jim”.

GrahamS

How far have we come in 2000 years and how far could a species that isn’t drunk, stoned or high as **** knows what, or idiotic even obsessed with assholes, tits and c0cks get in a few million. Humanity has spent hundreds of years chasing it’s own tail. I doubt if there is a thicker more deluded race out there! Why would they come? to laugh until their sides hurt at a race obsessed with useless idiocy.

Also, I think you have some species self-confidence issues there fleshy one.
    Humans have achieved amazing things and will go onto achieve more if we don’t kill ourselves first.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Have we done Aliens disabling US and UK nukes?’ is closed to new replies.