Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Has any one been scammed by the bike part store in lampung
  • kanga152
    Free Member

I paid for a bike orbea cross bike but they said they sent 2 and want the money for other item just want to know if anyone else has been scammed

wwaswas

So you paid for 1 bike and somehow they’ve sent two and want you to pay for both.

Tell them they can arrange to pick the second one up when it arrived.

Joe

lol strangest scam i’ve ever encountered.

winston_dog
    Free Member

You mean you bought a bike that normally sells for £2000 for about £750 from a website based in Indonesia and wonder if they are not quite legit?

Ever heard if it sounds to good to be true it probably is?

Joe

…BUT to be honest buying a bike from Indonesia?!

buck53

Not sure if this would be a scam or just incompetence.

If they did deliver two and you received both tell them to pick up the second one, they made the error so will be at their cost, although you may have to make yourself (or someone) available for collection.

If you didn’t receive two then they need to look into it with their carriers. If the carriers are claiming both were delivered to you then they need to prove this, you should be asking them to provide a delivery docket with your signature (one for each delivery, for comparison) as a start.

Mistakes do happen, don’t assume that they are trying to scam you, look at it as helping them solve their problem, in the first place.

scaredypants

have you received a bike at all ?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Link to store needed

winston_dog
    Free Member
    martinhutch

If they’ve not actually taken the funds for the second bike, kinda proves you didn’t order it. Tell them to sort out a courier if they want it back.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Did you try googling for scams involving Indonesian bike stores? It’s not even the first one posted here I’ve come across. Theres hundreds of hits for these dodgy sites.

To be honest, sending £750 to Indonesia is pretty stupid. To think you’ll get a £2k bike delivered is naive.

I may be wrong but this screams “scam”. They trying to get double the amount from you means they really do think your a special kind of mug.

bruneep

and how did you pay?

jota180
    Free Member

My guess is they’re trying to scam you twice

The original bike isn’t going to turn up and the money has gone [depending how you paid] the alleged second bike doesn’t exist either.

watsontony
    Free Member

next time you folks wallets are felling a little heavy please give me a shout and i will be happy to help you make them lighter!

Edric64
    Free Member

Paid by Paypal gift I expect 😆

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Wondering what the tracking online for delivery is telling the OP?

If I was running a scam, I would target people who don’t understand the correct use of capitals and punctuatiin too.

seba560
    Free Member

If I was running a scam, I would target people who don’t understand the correct use of capitals and punctuatiin too.

As long as those with dodgy spelling are left alone, we’ll be alright.

Curses, I’ve been caught out by the old big fingers, little keys, no auto correct on the phone trap.

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=53611

Re: Anyone bought from Bike Part Store?

Postby russellc » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:55 pm
    I just lost 799USD by ordering a Shimano Ultegra DI2 Upgrade kit from these scammers. They claimed it was shipped and then later said it was not, but they needed this much again because the shipment was held in Singapore and must be an order of two Groupos instead of one. They wanted to double their thievery ! Absoloute thieves as are all businesses in Indonesia and I should have known that as I lived in Singapore nexr door and learned of their reputation.

….and it gets worse

http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/online-purchases-sales/62517-indonesian-scam-bike-suppliers-like-mitracycles-2.html

bern60
    Free Member

I was close to being deceived by bikepart-store.com in Bandar Lampung . I checked the Swift Bank Code they supplied BNINIDJA, Bank Address BNI 46 , located in Ambon on the island of Molucca over 1500 miles away from their store. Check out- http://www.theswiftcodes.com/indonesia/ . All valid listings require an 11 digit code. When I responded that I need the full code , they replied with BNINIDJAXXX, Bank Address BNI 144 which is in Jakarta, about 1300 miles away from the first bank. I view that a bonafide company deals with only one bank branch close to its operations base, otherwise your money will take a circuit ride, and be virtually untraceable.
    Nonetheless, I learned more about Indonesian geography, while keeping my money.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&newwindow=1&q=bandar+lampung+indonesia+map&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x2e40da46f3aa6fbf:0x3039d80b220cc40,Bandar+Lampung,+Indonesia&gl=ca&sa=X&ei=WNcwUZeoGMeXyAHthIHoBw&ved=0CEAQ8gEwAA

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Has any one been scammed by the bike part store in lampung’ is closed to new replies.