Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 181 total)
  • Harriet Harman might not be that bad after all.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

“Now, many of us in the Labour Party are conservationists – and we all love the red squirrel,” Ms Harman said.

“But there is one ginger rodent which we never want to see again – Danny Alexander.”

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Racist.

djglover
    Free Member

Harman = Mouseface

epicsteve
    Free Member

Might not be the wisest comment given the labour party would need to go back into coalition with the Lib-Dems if they want to regain control of the Scottish parliament.

Also a bit rich coming from such an incompetent odious cow.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

She might be mousefaced, but she is not a ferret.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If you look at the video she is pretty much spot on

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-11658228

A political mutant which is alien to Scotland, she claims. The LibDems have mutated into Tories. Tories are alien to Scotland. The Scottish people now have political mutants amongst them – which they never asked for. Who can argue with that ?

It’s just a shame she has apologised.

No great surprise though – Labour are far too scared of the right-wing press to stand their ground.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Might not be the wisest comment given the labour party would need to go back into coalition with the Lib-Dems if they want to regain control of the Scottish parliament.

Yes of course, Labour should be nice to the Tories new stooges. God forbid that they should criticise them, or in anyway be unpleasant to them.

They wouldn’t want to upset the bunch of election fraudsters – now would they ?

🙄

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I vote Lib Dem for a lot of years. Not a chance I will ever do it again.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

stupid thing to say – why the personal attack? easy to attack political appointments without being personal

confirmed muppet

ton

i reckon harriet would do a nice turn……. 😉

epicsteve
    Free Member

Yes of course, Labour should be nice to the Tories new stooges. God forbid that they should criticise them, or in anyway be unpleasant to them.

They wouldn’t want to upset the bunch of election fraudsters – now would they ?

There is a big difference between criticising their policies etc. and playground name calling.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Turncoat scum who’ll get into bed with anyone for the faintest sniff of power. In Scotland we learned that during the Lib/Lab alliance years and we can see it now in UK context.

Markie
    Free Member

Turncoat scum who’ll get into bed with anyone for the faintest sniff of power.

Isn’t this just how coalitions work?

As an aside to the original post, it seems that Labour and its supporters are much quicker to resort to name-calling than are supporters of other parties. Bizarre given how they also spend a fair amount of time claiming to be the party which owns the moral high-ground.

Spongebob
    Free Member

When Harriet Harman talked about a ginger rodent, I thought she was going to name Nicola Sturgeon!

Aside from this, Harman showed her true lefty colours – nasty!

Spud

Lovely example to the kids in the country. If picking on an individual because of the colour of their hair is the best she can do maybe she’s in the wrong job.

El-bent
    Free Member

The only thing she did wrong was apologise.

backhander
    Free Member

claiming to be the party which owns the moral high-ground.

I really don’t think they could ever claim this again and keep a straight face.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Surely the ginger rodent is Hazel Blears?

luked2
    Free Member

Labour have created a massive economic mess that we’re now all paying for.

Kind of a shame they just won’t stand up and admit they (TB then GB in particular) made such a hash of things.

Hard to take them seriously until that happens. Maybe that’s why they’re not taking themselves seriously?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

picking on an individual because of the colour of their hair

Do you know who Harriet Harman is ?

She has red hair.

And as the conference was in Scotland, I think it’s probably fair to say that a significant portion of her audience probably also had red hair.

The gist of what she was saying, which was obviously completely lost on you, was that Scottish people have no problem at all with the Red Squirrel, they don’t however, want another mutant rodent which is alien to Scotland.

It was not an attack on people or animals with red hair/fur. It was an attack on LibDems who have muted into Tories. Tories are not very popular in Scotland.

A perfectly acceptable analogy imo, specially when referring to LibDem turncoats/rats. And not least because as was talking to other Labour Party members.

It’s obviously a highly sensitive issue for LibDems, when their electoral fraud is exposed…..judging by the fuss they’ve kicked up.

……..guilty conscience methinks.

Markie
    Free Member

LibDem turncoats/rats

How are they turncoats? They’re the junior partner in a coalition, and sharing power as such.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Here, check the difference in hair colour Spud, before you accuse someone of “picking on an individual because of the colour of their hair”

El-bent
    Free Member

Labour have created a massive economic mess that we’re now all paying for.

So nothing to do with the sub-prime fiasco in the US then?

Spud

Obviously struck a nerve with some of you north of the border haven’t I? Well I’ve obviously (stupidly according to STW) taken something at face value. Silly me… I’ll crawl back under my rock now..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How are they turncoats?

Just a couple of things to get on with (I won’t bother digging out Vince Cable’s pre-election quotes concerning the economy)

And, Chris Huhne Pre-Election :

“No private sector investor has built a nuclear power station anywhere in the world without lashings of government subsidy since Three Mile Island and Chernobyl. The World Bank refuses to lend on nuclear projects because of the long history of overruns.

Our message is clear, No to nuclear, as it is not a short cut, but a dead end. Yes to energy saving, yes to renewables, and yes to a sustainable energy future.”

9th May, 2006

“Ministers must stop the side-show of new nuclear power stations now.Nuclear is a tried, tested and failed technology and the Government must stop putting time, effort and subsidies into reviving this outdated industry.

“The nuclear industry’s key skill over the past half-century has not been generating electricity, but extracting lashings of taxpayers’ money.”

5th November, 2007

“The fact that the Government is still only at the beginning of the process to find a safe way, at great cost, of disposing of our existing nuclear waste shows why we should be wary of a new generation of nuclear plants.

“The cost of existing nuclear waste disposal is now put at more than £70 billion. It is a basic rule that you shouldn’t go into things without knowing how to get out of them.”

24th June, 2007

Nuclear power is a tried, tested and failed technology, which is clearly a costly blind alley.”

15th May, 2007

“The doubling of our electricity generation from wind in a little more than a year shows what renewables can do, and gives the lie to the need for a new generation of nuclear power.

9th February, 2007

2 weeks ago :

Huhne’s shameless U-turn puts nuclear back on agenda as power plant plans are unveiled

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Obviously struck a nerve with some of you north of the border haven’t I?

I live in South Croydon, in South London, in the South of England.

bruneep

some of my best friends people I know are ginge

geoffj

The gist of what she was saying, which was obviously completely lost on you, was that Scottish people have no problem at all with the Red Squirrel, they don’t however, want another mutant rodent which is alien to Scotland.

You give her too much credit Ernie. If what she meant what you say she meant, then there was no need for the ginger reference.

Coyote
    Free Member

Agreed. There’s a lot of Bliar about Clegg.

Oh and Alexander is a rat. Pictures of him and Clegg patting Gideon on the back and all having a good old laugh after the CSR. Bastards, all of them.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

LibDem turncoats/rats

this is the bit i dont get, in the history of the Libs… they have worked with the conservatives on several occasions with the conservatives in the past, they survived because they had a pact with the tories in some constituencies not to stand against each other (such as bolton and huddersfield)

wereas they had a not very successful pact with Labour in ’77…

so to me they have been more closely aligned with the tories, than they ever had with labour.

Markie
    Free Member

Huhne’s shameless U-turn puts nuclear back on agenda as power plant plans are unveiled

Hmm. I’d say a coalition member sometimes has to support things that aren’t what their own party stands for… for it to be otherwise would mean their party had the power of veto over the coalition government as a whole. The Lib Dems are the junior partner in this coalition, meaning more of the policies of this government will be Conservative than Lib Dem. I don’t think that’s being a turncoat, I’d say it’s the way coalition politics works. From the above linked article:

Although the Lib Dems were opposed to nuclear power in their election manifesto, Mr Huhne said their position changed as part of the Coalition deal. He added: ‘And when I do a deal, I deliver it.’

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I went so far as canvassing for the LibDems in the ’97 general election, and helped them win a seat from the Tories. I stopped supporting them when Nick Clegg became leader. Last May I voted Green, as the Green Party candidate was the only one on my ballot paper who standing on a social-democratic ticket.

After the coalition with the Tories was announced, my brother-in-law, who has only ever voted Liberal his whole life and was once an active member of the Liberal Party, informed me that he had made up his mind to never vote again – for anyone…….”what’s the point” he said “if this is what you get”.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You feeble wishy-washy Liberal. So this is all your fault then?

Markie
    Free Member

this is the bit i dont get, in the history of the Libs… they have worked with the conservatives on several occasions with the conservatives in the past, they survived because they had a pact with the tories in some constituencies not to stand against each other (such as bolton and huddersfield)

wereas they had a not very successful pact with Labour in ’77…

so to me they have been more closely aligned with the tories, than they ever had with labour.

I think a fair chunk of the people who voted Lib Dem and who are annoyed with the coalition are really Labour supporters who wanted to use their vote to register that they were a bit annoyed about Iraq and civil rights abuses and so on but at the same time still really wanted a Labour government.

They actually had no comprehension of what it means to support government by coalition or to govern as part of a coalition.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AS Ernie has pointed out the Liberals are turncoats because they campaigned on a platform that they ditched to get a sniff of power. They had no need to do so and as a result are finished as a political force.

Coyote
    Free Member

I hope so, TJ. I really do. Bastards.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Mr Huhne said their position changed as part of the Coalition deal. He added: ‘And when I do a deal, I deliver it.’

Chris Huhne stood on a “no-nuclear” ticket. The environment and nuclear energy was at the very heart of his campaign. People will have voted for him on that basis, including some who might have perhaps voted for the Green Party.

If he has changed his views so dramatically, and it’s the complete opposite to what he was saying during the election campaign, then he should resign his seat and stand for re-election so that people can decide whether they agree with his new policies.

Otherwise it’s a clear case of election fraud imo.

Markie
    Free Member

… and as a result are finished as a political force.

I hope so, TJ. I really do. Bastards.

That’s what Labour make me feel. :/

luked2
    Free Member

Can someone remind me what the problem is with Nuclear?

I’d happily have one of these babies in my back garden.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That’s what Labour make me feel.

Yes but that’s because you’re selfish and heartless. 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘Harriet Harman might not be that bad after all.’ is closed to new replies.