Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hans Dampf front and new Nobby Nic Rear anyone?
  • olibluegoat
    Free Member

Anyone running this combo?

Looking for a good tyre combo for my new Evil Following

Or should I just run a Dampf front and rear?

Any other recommendations?

Oli

stevenk4563
    Free Member

That’s what I’m using, run the 2.4 NN on the rear, plenty of grip and rolls loads better than th HD on the rear.

iain1775
    Free Member

Yes
    Been fine for best part of a year, year round tyre combo. I would say
    Both looking a bit tired after a week in alps now though (but both held up-tubeless)
    But I might try a magic Mary on front this time, and replace the Hans Damf I had on rear previously to save me buying two new tyres

shiatostorm
    Free Member

Yep. run these, work well. Mine is a 120mm xc/trail type set up and no complaints using them on this after some much lower profile styled treads. Lots of grip, push them hard and you’ll find the edge of what they can do…
    edit: they’re pretty light too all things considered so can’t really lose.

kimbers

not ridden the new nic but the dampfs are great until they clog up in the mud

chilled76
    Free Member

I run Hans Dampf front and Old nn rear, not sure what the difference is between old and new? But really rate the set up I have for general trail riding in the peaks and at trail centres.

nordofjura
    Free Member

Yes, run this combo on my El Mariacci, both in 2.35, tubeless. Plenty of grip and I like the big volume of these. And they’re still not that heavy.

cardo

Been running this combo for best part of 2 years on my 5 , works for me.

angeldust
    Free Member

New Nobby Nics have been getting some good reviews. Old style is widely hated (though I know plenty of people that get on with them fine).

kiksy
    Free Member

I ran the new NN front early summer and loved it. Switched it to the rear for an alps trip and it was shredded on the rocks. Multiple punctures everyday. So would advise against if where you ride is rocky.

interstellar
    Free Member

I was running this set up and just didn’t get on with it, I’m not great at riding and lacked confidence with the hans dampf up front. The nobby Nic seemed to be poor, lots of little leaks all across the tyre and lost pressure quickly.

Now I’m running a magic mary up front and have switched the hans dampf to the rear, I love it, haven’t noticed any major drag compared to using the nobby nic!

ajt123
    Free Member

I really like HD front with the old NN rear – as the NN clears mud really well and has nice central blocks for hoofing you up steep climbs.

New NN looks like watered down HD to me
    May as well run the HD.

ajt123
    Free Member

P.s. HD great in summer and on grit.

Packs up a lot in the mud. I run them April till September bcos in Surrey hills they become slicks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hans Dampf front and new Nobby Nic Rear anyone?’ is closed to new replies.