Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,822 total)
  • Hampshire Riding
  • cinnamon_girl

Well done to bikebuoy for organising a ride. Sounds like a great escape from anything Xmas-related so hope everyone has a great time. 🙂

If there’s any fellow sickly people interested in a very s l o w pootle around the Winchester/Basingstoke vicinity and can cope with a miserable old cah who shouts and swears at herself then do post up. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If there’s any fellow sickly people interested in a very s l o w pootle around the Winchester/Basingstoke vicinity and can cope with a miserable old cah who shouts and swears at herself then do post up.

*Hand goes up*

Need to get my bikes back first (Were stored elsewhere while we moved), but I’d be very keen on that. Need to get to know my new local trails, so local guiding would be superb! 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^^ 😀

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

I know some of the trails southish of Basingstoke way. Normally ride evenings 8pm, happy to lead a ride if a date can be arranged. It was muddy as **** a few weeks back, but should be bit better following the recent drier spell. Happy to supply gpx of a route etc. I often ride more in the Farnham direction, as its a bit sandier/less muddy,
    Martin

slackalice
    Free Member

Hi bikebuoy and others, I’m not going to make it this Sunday. Mrs Slack returns home on Saturday following a few months’ away and I’m looking forward to us all being together. I’d love to join another ride at a future date though.

Many thanks for getting this one off the ground.

SA

cinnamon_girl

*Hand goes up*

Need to get my bikes back first (Were stored elsewhere while we moved), but I’d be very keen on that. Need to get to know my new local trails, so local guiding would be superb!

Blimey! I would be very happy Cap’n to show you some trails but, alas, my offer was aimed at InvalidTrackWorld and not finely tuned athletes such as yourself. 🙂

If, however, slowness doesn’t bother you then I would be delighted. 8)

Whilst I have your attention may I ask your views on wind farms and solar farms being installed within the Hampshire countryside? This may be of interest:

http://www.soshampshiredowns.co.uk/

bikebouy
    Free Member

BUMP’idge again for the weekend call up.

I have a location to meet up in mind, so if you know Hill Head Sailing Club I’ll be there at 1030. I’ll be on my Blue Niner and colour co-ordinated 😉

Suggested ride will be around 2.5 hrs and returning to HHSC or you can drop off near your nearest way home.

Wear and ride what you like, only thing is you ought to bring along normal spares you carry and a smile.

Think of it as a pootle with me pointing out other routes and guidance and I think you can’t go far wrong.

I’ll take a peek on the thread tomorrow to see if there are any updates, so see you at HHSC on Sunday morning.

😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

not finely tuned athletes such as yourself

Erm. Yeah. My body is a temple. Or something like that! 🙂

TVM for that wind farm bit as well, already aware of that set up, though! Talk of the village, you see! 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Aaaah so you could be in that valley then. 😉

Presuming that you’re aware of the proposed solar farm at Godfield Copse in Wield? Lovely little area and used by the local hunt.

Seriously if you want some route ideas then e-mail in profile. 🙂

cinnamon_girl

bikebuoy – apologies if I’m coming cross as rude by not joining your pootle. I don’t know that area and have anxiety attacks when I don’t know where I am. Seriously you’re better off without me. 🙂

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

CG and CF – let me know when you have plans. I may be tempted to cross the Great Divide (or the Solent, as it’s known on the North Island) and come join you.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If anyone wants a really slow pootle around Lordswood on Sunday morning I am heading up there subject to weather and ankle conditions.

Definately slow and easy but with exciting options for the rad and gnarr. There jumps for those who want it but I have ridden everything I am planning to ride on Sunday previously on a fixie.

10:30 – 12:30 meeting either at my house (10:15), the Southamnpton Bike Park (10:20) or the Coxford Rd entrance to Lordswood (10:30).

I can offer bike washing facilities afterward if necessary.

email in profile

hammyuk
    Free Member

CG – I’ll take you up on that at some point 😉

bigshep
    Free Member

Hi Bikebouy and gang,
    I’ll come along if that’s ok, what with it being local to me (stubbington).
    I’ll be on a Scandal 29er SS.
    See you there
    Mark

dobo
    Free Member

Hey CG i emailed and objected to the windfarm at woodmancott, they should be situated in all ready unsightly industrial areas and not unspoilet areas in our countryside. acepting plans like this will only open the floodgates to destroying our countryside as we know it.
    of course in my objection letter i listed other objections

garage-dweller

Enjoy your pedal, as much as I would like to pop along and see some more local to home riding have family commitments on Sunday. But I do have Monday of for a south downs day out so shouldn’t grumble.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hey CG what we ought to do is organise a Hampshire Massive rideout ( or pootle !! ) maybe keep this in mind for Springtime, that would be really good fun. 😀

As for the coast pootle, all welcome, see you at HHSC… 😉

cinnamon_girl

Oooooh, this thread is gaining momentum. 😀

Thanks to folk interested in a Hampshire ride but, as I’ve mentioned, a crap permanent health condition means I can’t do what I used to. Just to reiterate, if there’s anyone else with health issues that can only pootle then do post up. 🙂

Hey dobo – good work on objecting. I agree with you, it’s not the right place for 4 turbines. Have you heard about the solar farm in Wield?

OK … wait for it … I’ve had an idea, YES! How about a protest ride to the site of the proposed wind farm and possibly the solar farm? It may or may not include the odd piece of singletrack provided the fallen trees have been shifted.

* Captain Flashheart to the Forum please *

Cap’n – so pleased that you’re now in Hampshire. As a mover and shaker we’re depending on you to get these stooooopid plans abandoned. 😉

This will be such fun. 😆

johnj2000
    Free Member

Brilliant to see this happening, sorry I haven’t been around to join in but various work and family related activity and shitty health has been challenging me. I am now available for rides though so any like your previous suggestion Bikebouy please yell. Oh, and how did the ride earlier this month go? Did everyone survive?

cinnamon_girl

Don’t remember reading anything about it. Bikebuoy to the Forum!

Sorry to hear that your health issues prevented you from riding but hope that you’re on the mend. 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hi everyone, I’m following this too now as I’ll be Hampsire (Hamble) based vs Surrey this year.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Hamble? That must be for boats, teaching, or contact lenses? You can come across on the pink ferry with your bike, save you driving round.

cinnamon_girl

Hi everyone, I’m following this too now as I’ll be Hampsire (Hamble) based vs Surrey this year.

Join up with the Lordswood posse, the legendary WCA is your man. 😀

DT78
    Free Member

I’m soton based too, though these days I’m mostly road riding due to the mud. I’d be interested in joining in the odd group ride. Must make the effort to join the thurs night LW runs in summer…

jambalaya
    Free Member

@johnj – yes originally boat related and I had in mind taking the pink ferry to ride the coastal “trail”, I do recall some of the path towards hill head sc isn’t rideable (just shingle) but memory is a bit hazy.

@cinnamon – indeed Lordwood is on the list too ! I’m quite looking forward to various riding companions with health issues as they might be as slow as me 😉

Happy to repay guides with offer to do the same in Surrey Hills.

chojin
    Free Member

*knock knock*
    Can I join the hampshire-based-really-slow-due-to-health gang?

johnj2000
    Free Member

*knock knock*
    Can I join the hampshire-based-really-slow-due-to-health gang?

So slow we haven’t even manage to get our wheels rolling yet 😀 welcome.

johnj2000
    Free Member

We may need to arrange a medical support crew for our first outing just in case.

johnj2000
    Free Member

@johnj – yes originally boat related and I had in mind taking the pink ferry to ride the coastal “trail”, I do recall some of the path towards hill head sc isn’t rideable (just shingle) but memory is a bit hazy.

Unfortunately, as I have been reliably informed by a number of walkers, the coastal trail is a footpath so we are not supposed to ride it. Not that you would know it based on the number of bikes you see on there mind.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Went out for a cpl of hours today. Nothing strenuous, just rode from home down to Titchfield Abby and hen along the bridleway at he back of the Fishermans Rest. Then hit the rode for a cpl of miles until I connected with Wickham Railway, rode to the point where it joins the SDW and then turned back. Great fun actually, amazing what some new comfortable gear and new mudguards do to improve the ride quality in shitty weather. A few trees down to negotiate and a lot of water flowing where it shouldn’t, all of this made it an interesting adventure and I thoroughly enjoyed it. New sealskinz socks kept the toes toasty despite the water, it was a bit deep at times.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Ok let’s try this again

[/url] image by Caffinefree, on Flickr[/img]

johnj2000
    Free Member

Success at last, my first successful picture within a thread.

bartimaeus
    Free Member

the water… was a bit deep at times

Yes, that’s definitely more than just a puddle!

johnj2000
    Free Member

At least that bit wasn’t flowing, same can’t be said for a lot of the route 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

@john now you just need to get rid of the superfluous stiff at the end – from memory you only need the second or third line from the BB code in Flickr and you can post it directly without clicking on the IMG button

Quite a puddle !

cinnamon_girl

Well done that man! 😀

hammyuk
    Free Member

QE was a bit wet today, East Meon was flooded with road closures!
    Alver Valley tomorrow arvo though 😉

johnj2000
    Free Member

What is there at Alver Valley Hammy?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Nothing the size of QECP, etc BUT lots of cheeky trail, loops, Heath, duckboards, etc.
    Mixture of reserve and MoD land with Stokes Bay next door for tea/cake/sarnies :-))

johnj2000
    Free Member

Anything that you get grumbled at for riding or is it all ok on bikes? Can’t find much info on the interweb.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,822 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.