Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Half arsed attempt at a rant
  • Something I read in the paper yesterday, which I can’t even be bothered to go and find on line to provide a link.
    Police have come up with a plan to harass gang members by constantly arresting them for minor crimes, even if they can’t pin any major crimes on them.
    It was called the Al Capone policy or something, a reference to Al Capone being imprisoned for tax evasion because the police couldn’t get any evidence to convict him for any of the more serious crimes which they knew he had committed.

Anyway, one of the minor crimes that gang members will now be arrested for is failing to insure a vehicle.
    So, there you are.
    Driving a vehicle without insurance is only a minor crime and unless you’re suspected of more serious crimes, the police won’t bother doing anything about it.

richmtb

1/10. I’m giving it one point for the accurate description of “half arsed”

camo16
    Free Member

You sell yourself short, MidlandTrailquestsGraham. I’d pitch that as a three-quarter arsed attempt at a rant.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

just shoot em all,

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

1/10.

still generous

binners

DezB
    Free Member

Driving a vehicle without insurance is only a minor crime and unless you’re suspected of more serious crimes, the police won’t bother doing anything about it.

Is that the conclusion to what you typed before, or just a random observation?

philconsequence
    Free Member

reads like the kinda rant someone who hasn’t eaten enough meat would post, a ‘rantette’ or ‘vegan rant’ if you will.

EDIT – i bet you’re the kinda person to use a mapboard. YOU MAKE ME SICK!

z1ppy

LOL @ Phil :mrgreen:

stumpy01

No insurance is dealt with, but isn’t normally an arrestable offence, I don’t think.

Bit of info on Yahoo answers (pinch of salt) would suggest it’s not an arrestable offence:
    http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061213092656AAO8pGG

so you just get a court summons. But perhaps for these people, they are arresting them to make their lives a bit more difficult and get them off the streets??

Is this the kind of thing you are on about?
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23981521-police-target-gangs-with-al-capone-raids.do

stumpy01, that’s the link I would have posted if I had felt strongly enough about this to make the effort to search for it.

tazzymtb

Don’t make MTG angry, you won’t like him when he’s angry, he’ll start wearing his pink n purple lycra and look like an aggro version of barney the dinosaur!

stumpy01
    theteaboy
    Free Member

There’s a truck near where I live whose tax disc expired in May 2009. Untaxed. Uninsured. By the looks of it, not roadworthy. Still advertising the business.

I ride past it every day and it scares me that if he hit me/ someone else, there’s no comeback via his insurance.

Grr

Anyone want to let the tyres down with me?!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Half arsed attempt at a rant’ is closed to new replies.