Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Gym membership – Greens in Gosforth Newcastle
  • martyc
    Free Member

I'm climbing the walls at home not able to get out on the bike much and was wanting to know the membership rates at GREENS GYM. I was going to join last year and got one price, put it off then asked a few months later and got a different one. I just need to know what deals everyone has got cause i don't want to pay over the odds.
    cheers
    mart

woody2000

Don't bother – month or so and you won't use it, just like everyone else who joins at this time of year! 😀

uplink
    Free Member

Get a pair of running shoes

Hal
    Free Member

get a wii fit + with motion sensor 8)

tron
    Free Member

How does gym pricing work? Apart from uni gyms, they all seem to have websites that say "We have GREAT low prices. Telephone or call in so that we can assess your net worth and give you the hard sell".

midgebait
    Free Member

Don't know but the rates must be on t'interweb.

I live about a mile from it and haven't been but Mrs midgebait has used the swimming pool and approves. I have a free gym at work which makes joining another gym a bit daft for me but I used to go to the Jesmond Pool gym. IIRC you pay abour £10 for that and then pay as you go. It's small but the kits pretty good.

warton
    Free Member

aye I've used the jesmond pool a few times. not bad. never used Greens but its expensive. was a member of the JJB for a couple of years, but stopped going and got much fitter and much more enjoyment out of running on dark nights and doing pulls ups, press ups and sit ups…

Jamie
    Free Member

Just go running. The WORSE time to join a gym, according to my mate who used to manage one, is Jan/Feb as all the people who have made new resolutions will be getting in the way.

jonb
    Free Member

go to http://www.Midaircrisis.co.uk

I assume you don't already ride with us but we're off out tonight if you fancy it. 7pm, Holystone, details on the site.

midgebait
    Free Member

The streets of Newcastle are not currently in ideal fettle to go for a run and are likely to get worse before they get better 🙂

martyc
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies. Sorry but i'm an injured runner so thats out the question at the mo. jonb – i'm out tonite but thanks for the nod. maybe nxt time. mart

uplink
    Free Member

The streets of Newcastle are not currently in ideal fettle to go for a run

They're fine

midgebait
    Free Member

Well, that's my excuse 😉

jonb
    Free Member

I've seen a few people running over the last few days. I assume they had spikes as I could barely stand on the ice.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Gym membership – Greens in Gosforth Newcastle’ is closed to new replies.