Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Groves Frotch?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

I want Groves to take it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sounds like a character from the fast show…

adamc
    Free Member

I’m hoping Frotch knocks him out properly this time.
    Either way really looking forward to watching it after the first one.

sc-xc

Groves here as well. Last fight shouldn’t have been stopped, and Froch talks like a tit. Hopefully he’ll get his arse handed to him.

benz
    Free Member

I think Froch might learn from the previous fight, although don’t know if he can actually adapt or get into the fight early enough to not need a knockout later in the fight again.

Groves on points or Froch by knockout.

However don’t know how either gent would have fared against previous Brit greats….Calzaghe, Collins, Benn, Eubank,

Jamie
    Free Member

I quite like Groves, but then I also think Froch has been dealt with harshly since the first fight.

I guess there’s only one way to solve this…

…oh wait 8)

loddrik
    Free Member

Definitely froch. Last fight he underestimated Groves and got his act together halfway through the fight after a difficult first half. This time he’ll be fully prepared and Groves won’t be able to open up a lead. Groves was probably at his best last time whereas Froch wasn’t. Expect to see Froch be well prepared this time and be on top from early on.

drlex
    Free Member

Sounds like a character from the fast show…

I was having an Ivor Cutler moment.

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

Groves, early rounds. Come out banging and hopefully spark Froch clean out.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I quite like Groves, but then I also think Froch has been dealt with harshly since the first fight.

Let’s be fair, froch has been dealt with harshly for most of his career. He’s a quality fighter, anyone who knows boxing can see that. Never known such an unfollowed, unliked fighter for a long time.
    I hope he smashes **** out of groves in round 9 and retires after the win.

loddrik
    Free Member

And let’s be honest, nobody likes a mouthy cockney (except maybe mouthy cockneys).

twistedpencil

Froch
    Liked Groves but his constant stream of guff in the lead up to the last fight and this fight is just grating now. He was in trouble when the first fight was stopped, Carl can now finish the job with a proper KO.

And calzaghe? Ducked the best fighters in their prime, was lucky against Kessler, was put on his backside by two old men and dodged Froch. Froch would have beaten him 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I get the feeling* Froch has Groves’ cards marked after last time.

*based on two fifths of **** all boxing knowledge. 😀

northernmatt

I’ve tried to watch boxing before but I just can’t get the hang of it. I can tell there’s skill and training involved but even then I can’t help but think it still looks like two blokes having a punch up outside a nightclub at 2am after a night on the Stella.

That aside I want that Groves chap to win because by all accounts he got the wrong end of a shitty stick last time out.

DezB
    Free Member

Froch, hopefully.
    Just because of the utter fool Groves has made of himself in the buildup, simply by trying too bloody hard. If he’d just sat back and shut up Froch would’ve been far more concerned. But he’s been a child (again).
    He did well in the first fight, and Froch’s defence has always been dodgy, this time though Froch will land some big shots early on.
    If he tries the hands down, jab from the waist crap, Groves will outpoint him though.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve tried to watch boxing before but I just can’t get the hang of it. I can tell there’s skill and training involved but even then I can’t help but think it still looks like two blokes having a punch up outside a nightclub at 2am after a night on the Stella.

You’ve seen better pub car park fights than I have.

spacemonkey

it still looks like two blokes having a punch up outside a nightclub at 2am after a night on the Stella.

You’ve either never actually watched any boxing or you’ve witnessed some particularly skillful street brawls 🙂

As for this fight, I’m currently on the fence. Not sure if either fighter is going to go looking for a tear up, neither do I sense them wanting to just box. I reckon it’ll kick off in round 3 or 4 and then we’ll start to see it take shape. Groves to win on points.

DezB
    Free Member

by all accounts

Not by mine

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh, and Groves by knockout.

DezB
    Free Member

First KO of Froch’s career? Can’t see it meself. Gonna be good though, that I can predict 🙂

MrGFisher
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered it, so sod’s law means it will now be over in the first round or two. That said, I hope Froch wins for the same reasons as DezB. Whoever wins will beat DeGale, if he also wins. At least the undercard is reasonable. Some crabbies and a massive pizza will be primed.

leegee

Froch has been out boxed several times, Taylor(until the last ditch knockout) Dirrell, Kessler 1 and Ward.

Groves can outbox him and all those wars Froch has had will catch up with him at some point.

Garry_Lager

Think Froch will have enough, impressive beard and a good dig goes along way – should prove too resilient for Groves. Groves is good, can see him building a lead like last time, but don’t fancy him to see the cards.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I can’t help but think it still looks like two blokes having a punch up outside a nightclub at 2am after a night on the Stella.

NO one could compare tow skilled pugilists to two pissed up brawlers. you would need to be blind to not notice the difference

I also agree with DezB on this he was not robbed he was beaten, he is a gobshite, he will never knock him out…Groves might win but he will need to get lucky as i cannot see froch being sloppy twice.

pondo

Don’t want either of em to win. I know I’m just a miserable old sod, but can’t boxing just for once have a bit of dignity? “Groves might get hurt”/”Froch is on death row” – seriously, you’re not at primary school. If it’s not clear after this one, it’ll be “my dad’s harder than your dad”.

deluded
    Free Member

Counting down to 9:45PM this coming Saturday. I’ll be one of the 80,000 at Wembley Stadium!

The build-ups had some interesting moments – Groves completing a Rubik’s Cube whilst Froch was saying his piece at the Wembley press conference being one of them.

It will test the unstoppable jab meets the immovable chin paradox, but, having said that, and as much as I like and respect Froch, I expect a more experienced (this time around) Groves to win.

Groves came back from the cliff edge to keep his Common Wealth title against Kenny Anderson (granted not in Froch’s league but Groves can take a punch) … he would have done the same thing against Froch had it not been prematurely ended. Hopefully this time we get some strong referring and a clear winner either way.

Garry_Lager

Groves came back from the cliff edge to keep his Common Wealth title against Kenny Anderson (granted not in Froch’s league but Groves can take a punch) … he would have done the same thing against Froch had it not been prematurely ended. Hopefully this time we get some strong referring and a clear winner either way.

He might well have recovered last time, but he only has himself to blame. Turning your back when you’re getting pounded is asking the referee to take a chance on your health, and no strong referee will do that. A weak one might.
    Maybe that is the lesson he needed to learn to put Froch away – we’ll see.

deluded
    Free Member

It didn’t look to me that he turned his back at all – more like a stumble into a waiting headlock by Foster!

I understand the ‘better too early than too late’ sentiment, and it’s clearly contentious and has divided opinion, but nevertheless for me it was not the right call.

Perhaps the ref should have stopped it in the 1st or 6th for Froch’s benefit?

DezB
    Free Member

Groves came back from the cliff edge to keep his Common Wealth title against Kenny Anderson

On Sky Sports today that fight. I’ve only ever seen highlights, so hoping they’ll show the whole thing.

thehustler
    Free Member

Anyone know of any ‘unofficial’ ways to watch this online?

jag61

is it itchy? try some E45

soobalias
    Free Member

groves

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wiziwig usually has a good selection of streams. I imagine they’ll be a bit busy tonight. I might even cough up to sky for it. 😐

johndoh
    Free Member

Well I’ve just paid for it – wife out with her friends, just had a curry and now having a few beers. Seems a good idea to me…

Jamie
    Free Member

Wiziwig usually has a good selection of streams. I imagine they’ll be a bit busy tonight. I might even cough up to sky for it.

Thought the same, and then saw it was £17 on Virgin Media.

**** that.

spacemonkey

Bit of a poncy entrance by Groves.

Jamie
    Free Member

Going to be tough living up to the build up.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

wiziwig it is then…a £9.95 would have done it but Sky can do one if they think it’s worth £17. 😡

Jamie
    Free Member

Innit? £10, fair enough….but £17?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That was hardly worth £1.4195. 🙂 (it is 12 rounds isn’t it?)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Groves Frotch?’ is closed to new replies.