Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Grips for big hands
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

I need some new grips, i had some ragley hots but they chewed up too soon and weren’t at all comfy, i got on really well with suline ones, which are bigger and softer than most but lasted ages, can’t find them any more. any suggestions for something similar? if i could get some in blue it would be great

d45yth
    Free Member

The Oury Lock-ons are a chunky grip…I took mine off as they were too big for me. On-One should have them cheap. They might be available in different colours too.

fangin
    Free Member

You could be weird and get some lovely comfy ergon grips – they come in a larger size for larger hands. Almost too big. A bit hard to hang onto if this is for your downhill bike though.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

These –

warns74
    Free Member

Saw a recommendation for “ODI Rogues” as being good for big hands, definitely more chunky than others Ive used and theyve been great so far. Use them on both my bikes now.

hora
    Free Member

Weirdly I found the Rogues quite firm (not much give) and not that thick feeling. I use Raceface good n evil’s.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My pick has always been Intense/ODI Lock ons. Lovely grip profile, and a semi-flange as well.

Hurr, hurr…semi….hurr, hurr….flange….

Kato

I like Rogue’s

rocketman
    Free Member

As above ODI Rogue. Race Face Strafe also most excellent

easygirl

Superstar have extra long wide grips, they last well and are comfy

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

ESI chunky’s

hatter

Used to use Rogues, now a full covert to Ourys, much comfier.

scruff
    Free Member

I’ve always used ODI Rogues but recently got some Lizard Skin North Shore and really like them.

Clobber
    Free Member

ESI do an EXTRA chunky now, I think Charlie has them in.

Lizard Skins – Northshore are big
    Oury are good and big
    Sunline also do a thick version of their grips which are also good.

z1ppy

Very happy with Rogues

_tom_
    Free Member

To throw a spanner in the works I have small hands (if I wear gloves they’re small or xs) and also love Rogues.

m_t_b
    Free Member

ESI chunkys are ok but I have tried all methods Charlie has given me to keep them from twisting on my bars and they still do it. Also if you are used to a harder compound they can feel small when you grip them as they are so soft. You could try Lizard Skin Northshores they are nice and long too unlike the odi rogues they are 15-20mm longer which is great for those with big hands.

http://www.tweekscycles.com/Product.do?method=view&n=3426&g=249809&p=343749&c=215&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Handlebar%20Grips&gclid=CMv8jJTo_LgCFXLItAodAV4AsA

kendo954
    Free Member

Lizard Skins – North shore good size and nice and grippy, run them on all my bikes

jsync

^^

this, although mine are http://www.dalescycles.com/lizard-skins-northshore-lock-on-grips-black-p568

not the ones linked a couple of posts above

kayak23

The superstar ones are massive. I bought a pair, too big for my delicate hands. Still laying around….

passtherizla
    Free Member

ESI do and ‘Extra’ chunky version now too…

takisawa2

Lizard Skinz North Shore.
    Perfect for a fully rigid with a carbon bar.

spuddle
    Free Member

I always had problems with big hands and thin grips, till I found Sunline thick grips, but they don’t make them anymore, still going strong 4 years on though, think id go for some raceface strafe ones next

Specialized Enduro XL

I likes em!

Clobber
    Free Member

Raceface made by ODI

Free Member

I have big hands and I’ve tried lots of grips. Nothing comes close to either Raceface Strafe or Oury for me.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Just got some nortshores for 17 quid, cheers all!

TiRed

Ergon GP1 come in small and large sizes. Marmite grips, but people who use them like them. The Large were really far to big for my modest hands (bought wrong size by mistake).

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Grips for big hands’ is closed to new replies.