Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Great customer service from Amazon
  • avdave2

I’ve posted on a few threads recently related to Kindles mentioning that the screen on mine cracked despite being very well looked after. I’d bought it at Dixons at the airport so took it back to PC world who basically had no interest whatsoever. Their attitude was that it’s cracked there is nothing we are prepared to do about it despite it being obvious it hadn’t been abused – it still looks like new. I argued that it should at least be sent off for proper assessment as I didn’t think it was fit for purpose but again this was just meant with a shrug of the shoulders and indifference.

Anyway today I sent an e-mail to Amazon recounting what had happened and just basically saying that I’d been disappointed that the Kindle had proved so fragile. I wanted to make clear that while I loved using the Kindle I wouldn’t consider buying another until the issues with the screen had been addressed.

Within an hour I’d had a reply asking me to call them. Within a minute of calling them and explaining what had happened I was told a new unit would be in the post this afternoon and that they would email me prepaid return labels for my broken Kindle.

So Amazon have a customer for life and an advocate for their customer service and the Dixons group have lost a customer for life who will do his best to tell anyone who’ll listen just what a shower of shit they are.

Cougar

Aye. Kindle support is very good.

deft
    Free Member

I had a wifi-only keyboard Kindle that cracked but the only one they do now that will fit the cover is £150. I emailed them to ask if they had any refurb wifi ones, and ended up with a replacement 3g one free of charge. All handled by a very jolly man in America who phoned me via their online callback system. Top marks

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Not Kindle but i ordered some headphones from Amazon, they never turned up, i called them explained they didnt arrive they refunded me straight away. Hardly any questions asked, I mean for all they know they might have arrived and i was lying but they were very quick to offer the refund, so like yourself im certainly happy to use amazon again and promote their services.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Great customer service from Amazon’ is closed to new replies.