Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Gratuitous Ti 456 Build Photos
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Well still a bit to do but its almost there, On-One 456 Ti, just need some full length gear cables as it is not split routing (any suggestions on a cable set for front & rear?) Feels pretty light considering it has some relatively tough kit on, very strange sitting on it after full sussers and having no bounce. Just need to sort my spine out and get out on the thing (seeing my surgeon today for the big decision) roll on a healthy summer

Excuse the bad pics, my camera hates low light!

Rex
    Free Member

Nice. I see you've gone the whole hog and ordered a ti fireplace too. now that's class.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Let down by that kerrayzeee saddle angle!

vinnyeh

Nice, though I don't rathe the practicality of white saddles. 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I'm sure it'll ride well. the co-ordination isn't quite there for me though. For some reason it looks a bit 'cut and shut'. I think its the white and silver that doesn't agree with my aesthetic.

Sorry.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

ah, now the saddle I have and have had before does not go dirty looking, it cleans up very well each time, I admit its a lot of white, it looks better in the flesh but I may replace the bars with some carbon ones… perhaps! and the fireplace was a one off from Van Nicholas… honest 😉

poppa
    Free Member

Just remember to stand up when traversing rough terrain.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I really don't like white kit on bikes – It'd look good with black though.

Not surprised it feels odd to sit on, given that saddle angle…

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

to be honest I never sit in the saddle unless im going up hill or on the flat, going down im always out the saddle … or on the floor

TBH I dont get on with level saddles, always need to tilt them back for some reason.. that said its obv not had a test ride so things will get a tweak!

hora
    Free Member

You definitely need a Guntuft rug infront of that fire. It just seems cold.

Actually a soft coil matting would work well and match the rest of the room colours.

hora
    Free Member

something ochre or orange with texture to warm/match:

Or sophisticated:

Or howabout incorporating torqouise in with orange?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Never a fan of the shiny frames but that looks lovely. Different to the usual humdrum builds.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

there's a rug in the middle of the room 🙂 and a half eaten Biscuit, and a damn washer I lost under the sofa…..

I must admit I do like to build something a tad different, and for some reason I like white, same scheme on all my builds, however I just hope it rides well, and fingers crossed my surgeon will bet my spine sorted out for the summer so I can enjoy it!

hora
    Free Member

Quick question- where is your cabinet from? That would look good in our hallway.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

if you mean the oak TV one, IKEA … they still sell them now (I live 10 mins form Bristol IKEA)…

tinsy
    Free Member

Thats a really nice looking bike… nice one, Fibrax do white braided gear cables and it comes in the exact right length for an 18" inbred with a shaddow type mech on it, or add a cable oiler and an extra bit for a conventional mech, would look quite nice on that. Best bit is they are only £5 a pop from CRC, bling without th sting.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

to be honest I never sit in the saddle unless im going up hill or on the flat,

So, most of the time then, like everyone else. 🙂

(A 5 minute descent needs a 15+ minute climb to get to it, roughly speaking….)

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

tinsy.. thanks for the advice on the gear cables, crc are out of stock 🙁 basically after full length inner and outer for front and rear, either white or braided hoses, most kits seem to be split hoses for conventional cable routing, I may just buy some goodridge cable outers but a tad expensive!

takisawa2

Nice bike, really like that. Be interested to how it rides.
    Wonder how much it will soak up bumps compared to a std 456 or Inbred.
    Wouldn't go for white gear cables though, it would look like its wearing an ipod.

I've always wondered how popular a "Show us your lounges" thread would be, & I feel it would be very popular.

That TV cabinet looks like a Leksvik IIRC. We've the book case. Good value kit, & the antique hue goes with a lot of decor schemes. They used to sell them doors separately but apparently have stopped now.
    If you sell the doors let me know.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

plumped for some silver braided gear cables and matching brake hoses and some Ti headset spacers. That said had my meeting with the surgeon yesterday, I will be operated on soon, so a week in hospital and 3-4 months recovery, so for a while it will be stared at… and polished a lot

whippersnapper
    Free Member

tasty. Did you go for a ti post in the end or opt for the small country?

nickc

Nice. Not certain about the white rims personally…and different colour seat post and stem, what were you thinking? Saddle is cool, love the white bars. Forks need careful set up, but persevere they're worth it

Hope you enjoy.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

I was going to get a silver thomson stem but not sure it would look right, its still a build in progress so may change it a bit, just went for a silver thomson post in the end! the wheels are not changing ever, they are worth as much as the frame! all in all im not sure, I may change the stem! then again

nickc

Thomson colour angst!!!!

stoney
    Free Member

OK, here is mine….

Note, Silver Thomson stem 😛

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

sad isnt it, trying to work out the best color scheme. Change the stem to silver or the post to black!… I may just eat a pie instead!

zaskar
    Free Member

Not keen on white wheels but keen on onone's Ti frames.

Nice bike!

Hope your back mends soon.

robarnold
    Free Member

I like that a lot, fast becoming my next fantasy bike build to replace my P7. Get yourself some Gore ride on MTB cables or at least some full length shimano outer and the pre-lubed XTR inner, it has absolutely transformed my shifting

br
    Free Member

Christ, how clean are your bikes/parts!

Here's mine, and its its just built picture…

paultm
    Free Member

Saw this when I was bulk buying some gear cable. Not sure about the quality, but definitely white for a while!!
    Gear Cable

lunge

Damn stoner, that is one good looking bike, really nice.

Kit
    Free Member

Nice forks crash_test_rider – where'd you get them? 😉

stoney
    Free Member

Cheers lunge, looks nice, rides awsome!

Digger90
    Free Member

Well I think it looks fantastic. I LOVE the silver & white colour scheme – it looks PIMPIN'!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

nice forks Matt – just got some for my Thorn 🙂
    456 looks pretty damn bling though.

giantjason
    Free Member

stoney – what grips did you use with the twister shifts? Did you cut down normal grip or can you buy special ones?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Gratuitous Ti 456 Build Photos’ is closed to new replies.