• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Taff.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Got flashed by a speed camera in France
  • Finchie85
    Free Member

Does anyone know whether it will be just a fine or points and a fine yet when the ticket comes through??

Cheers

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Generally you should be OK unless you were really speeding

nedrapier

Got flashed the last 2 times we drove in France. gf in April, me in June. Not heard anything from either.

DezB
    Free Member

I got fined.. the car hire company had to pay it and they added it my bill. No points though.

Finchie85
    Free Member

Hopefully i won’t hear anything, i was only just over the limit so would fall into their lowest bracket i would imagine. Caught me when i wasn’t concentrating at 6 in the morning…. Cheers anyway.

nedrapier

GB plates or hire car?

GB plates: almost certainly fine OK. Hire car: as per DezB – plus whatever “admin” charge they might decide they need.

xcgb
    Free Member

I got flashed a few years back never heard anything

SamCooke
    Free Member

I often flash people on the side of the road in France, never been stooped or fined yet,

Finchie85
    Free Member

It was on GB plates, so not overly worried. It’s not mine either but don’t want to leave a fine hanging over the van as it goes into France a fair bit and could get picked up when it goes back next.

SamCooke – very good, not sure it would be the same ‘fine’ as i would get though…

nedrapier

A friend of mine lives in Chamonix with a GB reg’ed van, gets flashed every so often but he’s never heard any more about it. He and the van have been over there for a good few years.

swamp_boy

Apparently they can time you between pay stations on toll routes. Friend of mine put his toe down from Calais and had to pay a load of money before they’d let him over the border into Italy.

hels
    Free Member

Usually flashing gets me off tickets.

donsimon
    Free Member

Mon Dieu!

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve had the same three sets of cameras (going into Nantes, going into Metz, just outside Lille) get me on 3-4 occasions each with no tickets but usually it’s just a bit over the limit not absolutely caning it.

Apparently they can time you between pay stations on toll routes. Friend of mine put his toe down from Calais and had to pay a load of money before they’d let him over the border into Italy.

Calais to Italy is what, 1000km? Must have been going some to get over 130kmph average what with toilet/food/petrol stops.

will
    Free Member

Was flashed in German last summer, and never got a fine or points. Again, was in a GB car.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’d be more worried about the next return. I’m sure the french have databases of such things like we do.

Taff
    Free Member

you don’t get points from abroad just fines. I got flashed doing 20k over and never got anything through… givent eh grief I got off my old man who was following I would’ve rather had the fine

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Got flashed by a speed camera in France’ is closed to new replies.