Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • GoPro HD Hero 2 or Contour+
  • stusummerside
    Free Member

Hi everyone a bit of a dilemma i want a helmet camera but don’t know which one to splash my cash on ?

comedyphil
    Free Member

Kinda depends on what you’re after really. The GoPro has a lot more options when it comes to places to mount it whilst riding (helmet, chest, frame etc.), but the contour is certainly less obtrusive and (i think) you can use a smartphone to wirelessly check the set-up angle etc.

When I was buying a year ago, I went for the GoPro – from the comparison videos I found, it had much better colour contrast and general quality, plus it does other things like taking photos/time lapse photos etc. The new Hero2 looks even better – more options in terms of quality (720/960/1080), frame rates and recording angles (from three ranging from 90 to 170, i think). Don’t know how much the contour has improved in that time, but I’d happily buy another GoPro.

stusummerside
    Free Member

Thanks mate

Andy-W
    Free Member

I just got a Hero2, I wanted a helmet cam as well as a stills camera to use in all weather and so far it seem to be what i was looking for

_tom_
    Free Member

Just watched the Hero 2 vid on the GoPro site, looks awesome! I rented a GoPro for a day a few months ago and I was terribly disappointed, though. I dunno if it was just set wrong but all the stuff looks a bit blocky/fuzzy (like its been badly compressed), very shaky and rubbish on a sunny day with brighter light coming through trees, just over exposes everything.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

milkie had a vid the other day with both cameras. I though the Contour looked better myself.

buttercup
    Free Member

Stu, Still need a camera?
    I literally just got a HD Hero2 that I am willing to part with.
    Email is in my profile.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The new Contours have a better lens so beware comparing against the older ones.

AlexSimon

I get the feeling that all the official GoPro videos have been heavily processed. That’s not to say you can’t achieve what they do with the same processing, but sometimes the ‘out of the camera’ results are underwhelming.
    The HD2 looks better though and the versatility of mounting is it’s main attraction – the chest mount in particular is my favourite.

Here’s me giggling my way down cavedale with the GoPro HD:

10pmix
    Free Member

GoPro all the way. They are both used by group I ride with and when I edit together movies from them the difference in quality is really noticeable.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘GoPro HD Hero 2 or Contour+’ is closed to new replies.