Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • goparcelexpress………..have I just been scammed?
  • walla24
    Free Member

Booked in for a bike courier via http://www.goparcelexpress.com
    Reasonable price, paypal, confirmation email but no packing label etc

No info found anywhere…bit dodge?

Jamie
    Free Member

You booked, and only now are checking?

Anyway. It looks a bit off. No contact options, all social media seem to link to shopify.co.uk which may suggest the website is just a knocked off template.

Might be legit, but I wouldn’t have used them myself.

walla24
    Free Member

it seemed pretty legit at the time and the initial link was a paid google ad?

voodoo_chile

Used them they use TNT to courier their parcels very good service

walla24
    Free Member

phew! thanks voodoo!

maccruiskeen

no packing label etc

Not all couriers send you labels, instead they’re supplied by the driver collecting

walla24
    Free Member

and they didnt ask for dimensions which seemed odd 😀
    will find out tomorrow!

voodoo_chile

They are priced per bike so no need for dimensions

Jamie
    Free Member

*shuffles forward to the edge of seat*

Any news?

walla24
    Free Member

ha….balls up my end, booked a day early for collection so will update tomorrow!
    on a brighter note the ‘chat’ on their site was an actual real person who was very helpful

Jamie
    Free Member

Panic over then.

On a sidenote, I checked out their company address, and they seem to have some swanky office space.

Registered Company:
    Courtenay Heart Ltd t/a GoParcelExpress
    Reg No 09090234 England & Wales

Office Address:
    Courtenay Heart Ltd
    Palladium House
    1 – 4 Argyll Street
    London
    W1F 7LD

…just next to the London Palladium.

simonderb
    Free Member

So did they turn up? I’m thinking I’ve been scammed. Booked them for today and they just didn’t turn up. No reason. Said they would come tomorrow. Wait and see

irc

On a sidenote, I checked out their company address, and they seem to have some swanky office space.

A swanky mailbox perhaps as it seems there are hundreds of other companies at the same address.

https://www.opencompany.co.uk/company-by-postcode/w1f-7ld?page=4

[/quote]

globalti
    Free Member

There are dozens of agents now who act for TNT. Some are good, some not, in the end it’s down to TNT.

simonderb
    Free Member

My worry is whether these people exist. Did they turn up for you ? I have re booked for today but received no confirmation. Strangely though at least they haven’t taken the money from my credit card . Wait and see!

Jamie
    Free Member

Seeing as Walla24 has not replied, I can only jump to the conclusion that they did turn up, but kidnapped him, and he’s currently being held against his will in a potato farm.

A swanky mailbox perhaps as it seems there are hundreds of other companies at the same address.

Well, yes. I didn’t believe for a minute that a company, running a website that well designed, would actually have an office at that location. Especially, as the company was only created 4 months ago.

simonderb
    Free Member

TNT arrived 🙂 worst ever communications. Let’s see if the delivery ends up at potato farm

maccruiskeen

so now they’ve got your credit card details and your bike 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

#pray4walla

chewkw
    Free Member

Such a poorly designed website I mean I saw their address under Terms and Condition the first time you posted their website link. There is not even a Contact Us at all … not even a mobile/landline number. I bet this is a one man show. 😯

Scroll down to the very bottom of the page for their address

simonderb
    Free Member

At least it’s TNT … And I checked delivery address. Warned barclaycard and they were very relaxed . Let’s see.

walla24
    Free Member

I’m alive!

😀

So yes TNT collected and delivered the bike to me…sadly having backed into it about 50 times by the looks of things!

Having a right mare claiming for the damages as I have to go through goparcelexpress only, not TNT
    (rang TNT and they said it was down as a collection organised by parcel2go…..suspicous! I smell conspiracy!)

walla24
    Free Member

it sucks that there is no apparent telephone number, I have to pounce on the chat box on their site when it pops up every few hours…

Jamie
    Free Member

Good to hear you’ve escaped from the potato farm.

Sad to hear your bike got run over in the process.

How are goparcelexpress, that’s goparcelexpress google fans, responded?

walla24
    Free Member

Well the ‘lady’ on the live chat sounds quite sympathetic and helpful when she is actually online, however she sent over a claim form which is as follows:

Claims and Refunds
    7.1 We shall not be liable to you under any circumstances for any loss or damage unless you notify us either via our website OR by written notice via email to help@goparcelexpress.com within:
    (a) 14 days of delivery of the Consignment in the case of damage to all or part of a Consignment or loss of part of a Consignment;
    (b) and in all other cases (including, but not limited to, loss of the whole of a Consignment) within 28 days from when the Consignment was collected or received by us.
    Making a Claim
    7.2 If your claim is due to loss we will do everything we can to locate your parcel as soon as possible. In order to assist us, please provide as much information as you possibly can. This will help us to do a full track and trace of the parcel.
    The procedure for applying for a claim for loss, damage, part damage or refund (“Claim”) is as follows:-
    (a) Email help@goparcelexpress.com and title the subject ‘New claim’ and then include the following details:
    (b) Claim details. Please state if you are claiming for full loss, part loss or damage.
    (c) Please state the claim amount. Please be aware that you cannot claim for more than the cover you selected when you created your order. If your item is worth less than this you should use your items value (proof of value will be required).
    (d) Please state the delivery date. Click “Submit”.
    (e) Parcel Details Including:
    · Description of contents
    · Description of colours
    · Description of packaging and features (e.g. fragile tape)
    · Weight and dimensions
    · Please also attach pictures of the bike wrapped at the collection address and of wrapping and damage
    7.3 Once your Claim has been submitted to us we will review it before deciding whether we are able to make an offer to settle your Claim.
    7.4 You will be notified of our decision of whether we are able to settle your Claim or what offer we are prepared to make (“Our Offer”) by email.

A plain text email which makes very little sense.
    I have filled it out extensively and attached loads of supporting evidence so am now waiting for a response….24 hours waited so far

Jamie
    Free Member

Seems legit…. 😐

Did you get extra insurance, or enough to cover the value of the bike? I know Paisley Freight only offer a couple of quid as standard, and that’s only for absolute loss.

simonderb
    Free Member

They are useless at communicating. Good luck with the compensation… But at least you are alive !
    This is wierd. I had another load to send today so decided to use palletforce via ….. Parcel2go who seem very very professional and have thousands of reviews and I get. Tracker number up front . Have I chosen the same company?

After booking I found that although TNT advertise as b2b you can book delivery with credit card at same price as goparcelexpress …. Why did we bother with those idiots when we could have gone direct

I hate couriers … Next time I’ll only be offering collection on ebay !

Jamie
    Free Member

Why did we bother with those idiots when we could have gone direct

Beats me. Cost?

simonderb
    Free Member

Same price!

simonderb
    Free Member

What a joke, the go parcel express used TNT who failed to deliver yesterday. The person receiving rang them and they said they wouldn’t be able to deliver till next week. So much for 24 hour service. They then marked up on their tracking system that it was delayed due to customer. They also hinted that they would be stopping dealing with goparcelexpress .
    The ” posh reliable expensive one ” I chose for second parcel didn’t turn up yesterday to collect. When I spoke to local depot of palletforce they said they didn’t receive the job till 5 pm so that will be next week too!

Surely there is a market here for honest reliable couriers? Or maybe dishonesty is an entry requirement

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Surely there is a market here for honest reliable couriers? Or maybe dishonesty is an entry requirement”

They exist…. But pay peanuts get monkeys.

Jamie
    Free Member

They exist…. But pay peanuts get monkeys.

You say that, but goparcelexpress seem to charge the same basic rate as Paisley Freight*.

You are right tho, but I think the issue is that there is quite a big price jump from these type of couriers, and the next level premium ones like UPS/DPD.

Safetest bet, for bikes at least, is to go get it yourself.

*Who also use TNT.

walla24
    Free Member

now they are ignoring me……

Jamie
    Free Member

Something I imagine is quite easy for them to do, with no contact information on their website.

walla24
    Free Member

well I’v started a complaint through paypal so presumably that’s frozen my money at least.
    also found a telephone number:

Jamie
    Free Member

I didn’t think you could get a refund for services?

walla24
    Free Member

there was a drop down selection for ‘service’ but it’s mainly so I have their attention until they decide to process my claim

drillsmills
    Free Member

Really interesting to see this forum on goparcelexpress.com who also trade as sendbike.com and I’m kicking myself not to have found this forum before I used them. All I can do now is try to get the message out there on as many forums and review sites as possible NOT TO USE THIS COMPANY. They are terrible and will never give you a contact number and they fraudulently sell insurance as they never pay out. If you are lucky to have the bike collected and delivered in one piece then fine but if there is any problem you will suffer as the inept customer help team of sendbike (& same team for goparcelexpress) ignore your emails and actually will start threatening you as things progress. My advice to anyone thinking to use them STAY AWAY… You have been warned.

bencooper
    Free Member

You have been warned.

By someone who joined the forum yesterday, only to complain about these couriers.

Hmm 😀

drillsmills
    Free Member

That’s correct Ben, and I joined 5 other forums the same day to get the message out there. Should I have joined and waited 12 months?
    I don’t think this message (call it a complaint if you will) should be disregarded just because I joined the forum to post it, this company is not to be trusted but by all means go ahead and use them if you like, I’m merely sharing my experience as a review based posting for other possible victims… sorry, customers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘goparcelexpress………..have I just been scammed?’ is closed to new replies.