Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • good sleeping bag for +5 and above recommendations?
  • wbss
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a nice lightweight, small pack size sleeping bag? For spring/summer/autumn use. I’m unsure about down – I’ve got a decent down winter bag for drier, colder conditions, and an old synthetic one that i wheel out for wet/mucky/unpleasant conditions. Looking for something light, small and good for about 5 deg C and above.

Willing to pay actual money for reasonable kit!

d45yth
    Free Member

I don’t think you can go wrong with PHD kit…I’ve got a Minim Ultra, even though it’s only rated to +8deg, I’m too warm when I wear sleeping clothes in it. Of course they do warmer bags too. I think they’ve put their prices up since I bought mine though!

tonyplym
    Free Member

Might be worth you looking at a Snugpak Jungle Bag – I’ve just bought one for travels to tropical places and am very impressed by its small pack size and level of comfort – and at about £35 its WAY cheaper than PHD stuff, even if it is going to be a little bit heavier.

r6ymy
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a PHD minimus, rated to 5C, with the 900 down option and the lightest weight MX outer fabric the weight is around 400g with stuff sac. Mine actually weighs 435g for the bag but has the short zip option. Packs down tiny.
    Other alternatives worth looking at are the Cumulus Quantum 200, or Western Mountaineering Summerlite.

deft
    Free Member

Snugpak Softie 3 is fine for me anywhere above 0 degs. Never had to sleep in more than a fleece that I would invariably be carrying anyway

thejesmonddingo

+1 for deft,I polaris in mine,and amnot cold.
    Ian

doh
    Free Member

cant fault the tesco down one for £40.

wbss
    Free Member

cheers. the phd ones look well posh. There is a part of me that wants to avoid down for damp/wet, but at the same time things made from goose are AMAZING.

honeybadgerx

Anything by Rab or Marmot has always done me well, plus you can get the endurance outers for Rab bags which are pretty waterproof (just not seam sealed).

cr4zyb0y
    Free Member

+1 for western mountaineering or mont bell makes a good lightweight bag

kiwijohn

I got a Deuter, packs nice & small & was cheap as well.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I have a Western Mounaineering Summerlite and a PHD Minimus 900 with Drishell. Both are ace, Summerlite a bit warmer but also heavier. PHD easily good for 5 deg and packs nice & small, is my favourite.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘good sleeping bag for +5 and above recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.