Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Good old Daily Express… (Annual Artic Winter warning)
  • Kryton57
    maccruiskeen

And as if by magic the word EXACTA appears

hot_fiat
    binners

God bless ’em! We were having this very conversation about an hour ago. That it was that time of year, and we hadn’t yet been informed by a rabid right wing tabloid about the WORST WINTER ON RECORD!!!! EVER!!!! YOU’RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!

Right on cue 😀

woody2000

Holy shit, an OPI value of -2.43. We really are DOOMED!

🙂

Cougar

Express Bingo

Shame it’s not up to date, that’s brilliant.

scaredypants

Shit, it’s worse than anyone thought:

In Aberdeen, Scotland, a council spokesman said: “We have started monitoring temperatures and if there is a snap frost in a week’s time we are ready to respond.

neilforrow

love the link half way down the page

**CLICK HERE FOR MORE SNOW CHAOS PICTURES**

ThePinkster

Love that Express Bingo. 😆

Didn’t the Express predict a massive 6 week heatwave in April, 2 days before the heavens opened and temperatures dropped for several weeks?

maccruiskeen

Didn’t the Express predict a massive 6 week heatwave in April, 2 days before the heavens opened and temperatures dropped for several weeks?

It doesn’t matter what they predict – putting a weather story on your front page ups a paper’s circulation by 10% and unlike all the other shit they print theres no inconvenience of having to print apologies about inaccuracies later.

joat

“As we progress throughout November, it will begin to turn gradually cooler

Well **** me!

toby1

It doesn’t matter what they predict – putting a weather story on your front page ups a paper’s circulation by 10% and unlike all the other shit they print theres no inconvenience of having to print apologies about inaccuracies later.

^ 100% more factual than anything ever printed on the front page of the Express. Good work maccruiskeen

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s more in hope than expectation, they would rather not have to print the headline “Warmest Year On Record” 😉

CountZero

Any newspaper with a banner headline about weather is going to get the eye-rollie thing from me, and be treated with the contempt they deserve.
    Especially the Excess and the Wail.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Great timing, thanks – I will have to send this to my Russian colleague. Earlier today I mentioned to him that “cold weather expected this winter” is a staple headline in British newspapers. He seems to think I’m winding him up.

Klunk
    Free Member

Irish Examiner wants in on the action !

seadog101

How we all survive from year to year is beyond me.

maccruiskeen

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5rz1cft5w[/video]

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Good old Daily Express… (Annual Artic Winter warning)’ is closed to new replies.